16,000 Tiger

Warren

Gold forum user
https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/mont-vernon-1966-sunbeam-tiger-mk1a/7442847498.html

No VIN listed

1644281042607.png

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interesting that the photo in the dribeway shows the ( what apoears) roll over damage.. Thr garden shot they have beat out some damage and ratyle canned it... I would guess many surprises lurk beneath... Wonder how twisted thinga are...and how far back the damage goes...

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael, anything can be repaired. There's a Tiger that was driven to SUNI that was in lots worse shape before the owner repaired it. It bounced off a concrete bridge pier a few times and was bent in ways you wouldn't believe. This one would require a frame rack and some sheet metal work.

Last edited:

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
There's a Tiger that was driven to SUNI that was in lots worse shape before the owner repaired it. This one would require a frame rack and some sheet metal work.
Maybe some wood on the steering wheel 😮

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael, anything can be repaired. There's a Tiger that was driven to SUNI that was in lots worse shape before the owner repaired it. It bounced off a concrete bridge pier a few times and was bent in ways you wouldn't believe. This one would require a frame rack and some sheet metal work.
Didnt see anyone suggest it couldn't be repaired.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Tiger facebook page now has an explanation from the brother that was the passenger in the car when his brother lost control and the car rolled. The accident happened around 1991.

Warren

Gold forum user
I know a 6' 5" guy who told me he tripped a Tiger with 3 guys in it. Remarkable that it was so softly done the car only needed a screen frame and a door that was damaged from the fulcrum type device used by the tow truck to flip the car back over...
The only injury was a bit of a smashed hand. A remarkable story to say the least.

grevegti

Bronze forum user
Haha this is awesome....and is my car. 1991 accident is new info where I had heard it was in the 80's in NY. And if anyone has any more history on the car please let me know!

I posted last year on this forum about how the "frame" was almost straight (it is straight now) and i'm in the process of doing all the body work (replacing most of the car), not that bad depending on who you are and how you get down ;) I've built a beautiful roller 302 matted to a t5, going to finish in original Embassy Black, life long dream project.

The pics on craigslist were status post banging and straightening out front end preparing to put new nose on. Anything can be repaired, you just need the skills, the tools, a tetanus shot, and time.

I wanted to see what the response would be in this market, which was overwhelming to say the least and apologize if I got anyone's hopes up. It was up less than 12 hours.

Warren

Gold forum user
Awesome , I like the tetanus shot... That's one of my favorite jokes be sure to get your booster every 5 years :)