18th Annual LA Shelby Car Show at the Automobile Driving Museum, El Segundo, Saturday, September 16, 2023

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Once again the LA Shelby Car Club will be having their annual car show. This is open to all Ford-related cars--more than likely they'll be a Tiger class. Non--LA Shelby member registration is $45. For more information, go to Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club website.

P.S. I plan on bringing this year's Lord Rootes winner.

Steven Alcala

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Here is the poster for this year's Car Show.

DSCN0009 (2).JPG

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Saturday, September 16th is the LA Shelby car show at the El Segundo Automobile Driving Museum. This is one of the few shows on the West Coast that has a Tiger-Only class. So please, if you have a Tiger and you’re in SoCal, please consider entering this show. The show is $45 to enter. It’s judged by popular vote. If you can’t make it for an all-day show, I recommend driving your Tiger over and parking on the street, as this show is free to spectators. (By comparison, I just spent $150 to enter the San Marino Motor Classic car show. I was lucky enough to win 3rd place in the British Sports class. I was the only Sunbeam at the show. This show was $45 to spectate). And the car show season goes on, lol.

Steven Alcala

IMG_4184.jpeg

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Last week when visiting the Tiger, I causally mentioned this date to the body man. He did not say no way, but gave a positive shrug. It is a good show, I’ve done the last two.

IMG_3425.jpeg

IMG_3424.jpeg

IMG_3423.jpeg

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hope everyone in the Southbay and Westside can make it out to car show Sat. Remember it's free to spectate . Photos from last year's show. At Zimmerman Automobile Driving Museum, El Segundo. Cars start showing up at 8 am, and breaks up at 1 pm...

DSCN8865.JPG

DSCN8864.JPG

DSCN8867.JPG

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Here's a quick report on last Saturday's LA Shelby Car Show.:

--Only 3 Tigers were entered in the show (plus Warren showed up to give us strength in numbers)
--It drizzled heavily until 11:00 am (it may have kept some of the nicer cars away)
--There were no real Cobras ('62-'66), only 2 '65 Shelbys, 3 '66s, and just one '67
--There were two what I will call wind-tunnel stringed GT350s (could be replicas). Is this a thing now?
--There was an electric Cobra, plus tons of late-model Shelby cars
--This was also the location for this year's annual Shelby American employees reunion--about 24 original Shelby employees, highlighted by Pete Brock
--They were auctioning off signed Shelby American reunion autographed plaques, with starting bids at $300 (most of them sold).
--I was very touched to take home not only first place award in the Tiger class, but also best in show
--Thanks to LA Shelby for putting on another great show!

--Steven Alcala

DSCN0025 - Copy.JPG

DSCN0033 - Copy.JPG

DSCN0035 - Copy.JPG

DSCN0027 - Copy.JPG

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Steven, congrats on the win! Did you get one of Dave Friedman's latest books? Any (new) Tiger content?

Jere T

Bronze forum user
More pictures form the LA Shelby Show.

Left photo: Phil Cohen (2nd place Tiger) and Steve Alcala (1st place Tiger)
Right photo: Steve Alcala with 1st place and Best of Show awards.

7 LASAAC Show 20230916.jpg

8 LASAAC Show 20230916.jpg