$196,000 Alpine

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Anybody who went to the Queens English all British car show at Woodley Park got a copy of Vintage Motorsport from Mar/Apr 2020 in their goody bag. In the auction section, a 1961 Harrington Alpine went for an astounding $196K in Scottsdale! It raced at Sebring in '62 and '63- offered here in the '63 configuration with Luigi Chinetti's NART badges. Big money!!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Anybody who went to the Queens English all British car show at Woodley Park got a copy of Vintage Motorsport from Mar/Apr 2020 in their goody bag. In the auction section, a 1961 Harrington Alpine went for an astounding $196K in Scottsdale! It raced at Sebring in '62 and '63- offered here in the '63 configuration with Luigi Chinetti's NART badges. Big money!!
Now owned by Ford Heacock ,retired owner of Heacock Classic Insurance and SVRA. The car was owned for many years by Bob Avery of Kentucky. Bob had it at the TE/AE United in 2006 at Cincinnati. It was sold to an owner in the U.K. after Bob passed away.

Warren

Gold forum user
Yes , it's well disclosed. Wonder what it would fetch in this description defying world I mean marketplace.
I heard that a MK2 sold for a little above that recently.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My question is If you have the means to either buy a car like this or restore a car your way and your intent is to collect rather than flip then what makes the difference.