1964 Tiger on ebay

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This car has a lot of detail errors, some unfinished areas, some things not installed correctly and is far from the " no expense spared to get it right" that is claimed....'nuf said
Car dealers and long time car salesmen will tell you there is always someone that will buy a car because it suits the buyer. The buyer could be one of dozens to look at the car but the car will eventually be sold and the dealer will make a profit. Everyone has a different idea of what they like and don't worry about asking other owners what they should do or is it correct and assembled to satisfy others. Al was telling me you want a Solex carb for reference?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob.. This looks like your kind of car.. Says no expense spared.. You should finally get yourself a Tiger

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob.. This looks like your kind of car.. Says no expense spared.. You should finally get yourself a Tiger
You're 10K miles from me and know so much about my cars and what I own or have owned. Some day you'll know the rest of the story.

Warren

Gold forum user
This car has a lot of detail errors, some unfinished areas, some things not installed correctly and is far from the " no expense spared to get it right" that is claimed....'nuf said
It's a RHINO Right Car In Name Only. ;)

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
As time goes and we who know these cars wander off, I see a lot of well done toys that are not correct because even the better mechs/techs have never seen one. I find myself often taking a utility stance to put a car back in the owners hands to be enjoyed rather than waste time & money on minutia. It's getting harder to place a car on a detailed pedestal as parts and talent become compromised. Just sayin'

Warren

Gold forum user
I agree Randy. Probably have said more than one time... At a first T.U. a big STOA guy said, " why aren't you showing your car , Don't you want to know what's wrong with it." I had to have a good response so I told him I'm too busy getting my $ worth of the beer :)

Then there was the former Bill Atalla GT Tiger. Each time it sold it became a little less personalized.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I agree Randy. Probably have said more than one time... At a first T.U. a big STOA guy said, " why aren't you showing your car , Don't you want to know what's wrong with it." I had to have a good response so I told him I'm too busy getting my $ worth of the beer :)

Then there was the former Bill Atalla GT Tiger. Each time it sold it became a little less personalized.
Warren, this is what Bill's car looked like back in May of 2011. Where is it now?
100_0607.JPG

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
True.. Went more stock.. But then got a few less obvious upgrades.. Under the radar type stuff... And the underbonnet no longer required a warning for chrome glare ;-p

I liked the new wheels it got. The custom ones bill had on it ended up on a blur tiger he had that came to Australia.. And they gor ditched quickly for some 13" genuine minilites.