1965 Mark I 5 speed For Sale on Bringatrailer,com Lot # 140230 B9470995

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
VIN
unknown
This Red Tiger Mark I was the one offered by the same owner that sold the JAL 0001 Tiger a few weeks ago. At first he said this car had sold too but apparently it wasn't. The VIN provided in the BaT listing is B9470995 but the CAT format here would not accept it.

Rick

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
The car failed to sell at auction. $57K was the high bid. I restored the body, painted it and restored the hardtop. For some reason, probably lack of knowledge, a number of incorrect items ended up on the car.. All pretty minor. The water and oil gauges are series 5 Alpine as is the interior rear view mirror. The car arrived to me mounted on a rotisserie and had been dipped. After paint, I assembled it as a "roller" and returned it to its owner.

I can provide more specifics on the car through PM, if desired.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The car failed to sell at auction. $57K was the high bid. I restored the body, painted it and restored the hardtop. For some reason, probably lack of knowledge, a number of incorrect items ended up on the car.. All pretty minor. The water and oil gauges are series 5 Alpine as is the interior rear view mirror. The car arrived to me mounted on a rotisserie and had been dipped. After paint, I assembled it as a "roller" and returned it to its owner.

I can provide more specifics on the car through PM, if desired.
Much discussed car in a previous thread when it went up for auction...
Was potentially ( still has potential) to be a very nice car.. sadly the current commercial seller threw it together very shabbily... And is trying to sell it for what it would be worth if sorted ... Not to mention him selling the correct parts that were ready to go on it on eBay....

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Much discussed car in a previous thread when it went up for auction...
Was potentially ( still has potential) to be a very nice car.. sadly the current commercial seller threw it together very shabbily... And is trying to sell it for what it would be worth if sorted ... Not to mention him selling the correct parts that were ready to go on it on eBay....
exactly