1965 Tiger Just Listed on Bat

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Surprised it's bid up some already $50k this morning Sure posted a lot of pics...
I don't post there often but did throw in my 2 cents... can't let Warren have all the fun lol!

Warren

Gold forum user
I'm awfully tired of channeling Norm. Starting to look like an ePay "auction"...

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Is that a repo vin tag? Just asking, looks good for it's age. Nice looking car.
When will non members be able to reply to cars for sale? If I want to get back into the game I cannot reply to the seller. Just asking .......

Last edited:

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
When will non members be able to reply to cars for sale? If I want to get back into the game I cannot reply to the seller. Just asking .......
You can always join C.A.T. and help pay for the Forum. Or you can also send a (private) Communication, which is usually the best way to communicate when there is a transaction that might take place. You may not want others to know of your interest.

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Why should non members be able to reply to the seller about cars for sale ? Surely that is a perk for being a club member and they should have the opportunity to negotiate with the seller and non members are sol šŸ˜®just saying Get back into the game and support the club Just saying

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Thinking of trading in the Cobra for a Tiger ? Good choice šŸ˜Š

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
The BaT car link above was not posted by the seller as far as I can see so should be in 'General Discussion as just another Tiger for sale... The cars for sale section is for members to post their own car just as the parts for sale is members selling their own parts unless I'm totally wrong on that ?? So...members that post cars that they don't own should be in 'General' ??

Warren

Gold forum user
Forum members can reply via starting a conversation with any CAT or Forum member. Simply that's the way the software works. I don't think anybody is going to give a better deal to somebody with a active membership.
There is a considerable backstory about how and why the non-affiliated listings were treated in the past. It's my opinion that non-affiliated ads something you just find on Craigslist something you just find on Bring a Trailer or any other site should be in GTD. I was the guy who broke up the big batch that was G.T.D.
Also posting the VIN and saving the pictures for historical reference. It's a shame how many lie in the soft deleted files that are only viewable by us librarians , I mean moderators :) They are there because the old link is dead or the picture hosting went South, oops can I still say that ;)
As a side bar I was able to track a car of mine back to the email list by it's VIN.

The forum needs content from everyone even though some my best pals are lurkers :)
Recently a marque restorer joined as a forum member and he's added some really good content.

Warren

Gold forum user
What would Norm say or WWND ?

As I understand Norm blessed a MK2 with no VIN tag but had the correct trans and rear end for the registered vehicle.

I've passed on a now well known car because of the missing tag, well that and it was 25,000.00

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Warren- as you know inspectors inspect cars without vin tags- they don't care whats bolted to the car- they only verify the body is a tiger from Rootes- you should not have passed.

Warren

Gold forum user
Yes Bryan, seen a car with no real tags at all and no paperwork it was on Craigslist and was imported as a race car many moons ago. It had only a fabbed JAL tag.
I passed on the aforementioned car as I had been down that road it ended up on BaT.