1967 Tigers for sale

greg

New forum user
CAT Member
VIN
B382001268LRXFE
I have two fully restored Sunbeam Tigers for sale. Also have many extra parts left over from the restorations. Sheet metal, glass, seat frames, convertible top frames, Wind shield frames, and many misc. parts that could be sold as a package deal. The price has been reduced to pursue other interests. Please call Greg @ 615-426-7098. Phone calls preferred as I only check weekly. Thank you for looking.

Restomod - Gray Tiger - https://classiccars.com/listings/vi...iger-for-sale-in-mount-juliet-tennessee-37122

Stock -Carnival Red Tiger - https://classiccars.com/listings/vi...iger-for-sale-in-mount-juliet-tennessee-37122

Silver Tiger.jpg

Silver Tiger Vin.jpg

1.jpg

Red Tiger Vin.jpg

greg

New forum user
CAT Member
Majority of the interior is new or refurbished. Most likely trim plate at the bottom is door jam is new. Most of the new replacement parts came from Sunbeam spares or Sunbeam specialties. Hard to remember all the details. I had three Tigers going the restoring process over the last 4 years, and several people working on the restorations. please call and look at the car and will try to answer any questions you may have.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
No MK1A should have a lube plate. These were discontinued at the end of the Mk1. On early Mk1a's the holes were si9mply filled with rivets

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
No MK1A should have a lube plate. These were discontinued at the end of the Mk1. On early Mk1a's the holes were si9mply filled with rivets
On my original lube plate the SAE gearbox oil weight has been blacked out How many plates had this blacked out ?
548C050F-E4B4-40D4-B03F-47A59AB94346.jpeg

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
The first MK1a prototype (B9479975PPLRXFE) built July 1965 had the holes for the lube plate, but they were simply filled with rivets. My understanding is that for a short period of time in the beginning of the Mk1a, the holes were present for the lube plate, but the plate was NOT installed. The holes for the plate were filled with rivets.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Having holes stamped for installation of the plate tells you that the body was built using left over parts from a previous series of the cars. Not everybody is a purist so maybe the owner thought the installation of the plate gives things a more finished look. After all, many would question why rivets but no plate.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Majority of the interior is new or refurbished. Most likely trim plate at the bottom is door jam is new. Most of the new replacement parts came from Sunbeam spares or Sunbeam specialties.
The door trims looked new, I was just wondering why they had been trim screws going through them rather than retaining clips from behind

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The door trims looked new, I was just wondering why they had been trim screws going through them rather than retaining clips from behind
They may have used the screws because some of the reproduction clips and the plastic sleeve just aren't made right. I have a hand full of the sleeves that are too short and the clips won't seat their full distance. At some point someone was selling clips made of wire instead of the flat steel.

greg

New forum user
CAT Member
Hi, All
I`m not a Tiger expert, but I know more than I ever thought I would after completing the Tiger restoration process. I purchased the Tigers at separate times & they were in different phases of tear down when I bought them, so, it was tough putting them back together. I feel they came out good considering our limited knowledge of Tigers in the beginning. Many hours of research & looking at other Tiger owners' pictures & post online made it possible to complete these restorations. We also have to thank the parts vendors for sharing a wealth of information about how these cars were originally put together, after 50+ years many things were changed on these cars or missing. My skillset is more around restoring Mustangs for my personal collection but loved Carrell Shelbys involvement in the Tigers. The Red Tiger was restored as closely to stock as we could get, and the Silver Tiger has many upgrades. As far as Tags go, the tags in the pictures were on the cars when I purchased them. I have the original Sunbeam Tiger valve pan covers that go on each of these cars. I do not check my computer daily, so if you interested in one of these cars, please call me at 615-426-7098.