60 years Tiger trailer...

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It's a great project, I just hope they don't over do the music and the volume of the music over the cars too much in the actual feature

HRS121E

Silver forum user
As someone involved with the production of this celebratory film, I think it could do with an introduction.

This trailer only shows where we have got to. There is still much to do to complete the feature, hopefully by this year end.
Being a trailer it can only skim over the 'Tiger Story' and so can leave a sense of things missing. For example the preamble intends bringing out the Shelby / Boskoff prototype before we jump to Baron Nic Rootes.
Importantly, neither the trailer nor the film at this point include strong sections about the Tiger's US history and in period racing, simply because we must first visit the US to meet people and film interviews of keepers and their Tigers..
We hope this will be next month when we can get close to important cars ahead of Tigers United also where we would like, if OK, to film the meeting and attending Tiger enthusiasts. I am in touch with the organisers about that.
TU will also be a moment for the production team to get feedback on where we are!
So while I am comfortable with the European aspects there is still a large part of the 'main feature' as it concerns US Tiger history to capture.

Thanks
Graham Vickery
B9470010
B382100633 HRO

P.S. And yes Michael we can attend to the sound track!

KeithE

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I loved it, thank you to those that created and produced it. I can't wait to see the conclusion.

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Graham, thanks for letting us have an insight. Can't wait the see the end result. From my perspective no need to tone down the music nor the sounds. Just love the "action"...

Last edited:

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
What a great trailer telling an equally great story! If you guys will be at TU42, I hope to meet you all and talk about the history of these little hot rods.
Greg P.

HRS121E

Silver forum user
I am very pleased to say that well known members of CAT and STOA have been extremely helpful to the film maker and I in introducing us to people key to the Tigers US history, and important West Coast Sunbeam Tigers.
Josh Goode and I have a full programme but we shall be attending Tigers United and would like to capture on film some of the autocross action, the road rally and naturally the Concours event.

One person we have not yet been able track down is John Chip Fudge the keeper of the Team Fraser 'Monster' Tiger. A resident of Oklahoma City
If anyone with contact details would care to share them with me, please email grahamjvickery@gmail.com That would be appreciated.

The Monster along with the No 9 ex. Le Mans race cars were the most successful Sunbeam Tigers circuit racing in England in 1965 and 1966, as was their driver Bernard Unett.
Bernard had cut his teeth racing a Tiger in 1965 in the #9 Le Mans Tiger, gaining 11 wins and 7 seconds from 22 races
In 1966 he had 17 wins across three championships - some in a Hillman Imp. Bernard went on to be the British Touring Cars champion driving Rootes cars for 1974, 1976 and 1977.
Below are his championship standings and competition for 1966

Autosport GT Championship
1) John Miles Lotus Elan
2) Bernard Unett Sunbeam Tiger
3) David Piper Ferrari 250LM
4) Martin Hone Porsche 904
5) Digby Martland Chevron-Ford GT
6) Brian Muir Shelby American Cobra
Class 1: Up to 2000 cc 1) Miles 2) Hone 3) Martland
Class 2: Over 2000cc 1) Unett 2) Piper 3) Muir

Fred W Dixon Marque Trophy
1) Tom Entwistle TVR 1800 S
2) Bernard Unett Sunbeam Tiger
3) Stuart Hands Austin-Healey 3000
4) Mike Costin Triumph Spitfire
5) Charles Hodgson Triumph Spitfire
6) John Quick Jaguar E
Class 1: 1151 - 3000 cc: 1, Entwistle; 2, Hands; 3, Simon Saye, Austin-Healey 3000
Class 2: Over 3000 cc: 1, Unett; 2, Quick; 3, Rhoddy Harvey-Bailey, Jaguar E,

Westover Saloon Car Championship
1) Bernard Unett 1.0 Hillman Imp (Team Fraser)

2) Brian Cox 1.3 Mini-Cooper S
3) Alan Peer 1.8 Ford Anglia
4) Ray Calcutt 1.0 Hillman Imp (Team Fraser)
5) Ken Costello 1.3 Mini-Cooper
6) Roger Taylor 1.8 Ford Anglia 17
Class 1: Up to 1000 cc: 1, Unett: 2, Calcutt: 3, Roger Nathan Hillman Imp
Class 2: 1001 - 1300 cc: 1, Cox; 2, Costello; 3, Mac Ross, Mini-Cooper s, 8 pts

OP #151.JPG

#109 Devonshire House.jpg

Brands Hatch #1.jpg

Brands Hatch_1.jpg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Graham,

I note you added his Imp exploits.. don't forget his first Sunbeam "cut teeth" adventures in his ex development Sunbeam Alpine XRW302

images (6).jpeg

KenF

Gold forum user
A new Tiger 60 trailer! 8 minutes of great footage, and familiar faces. As a 240Z owner, nice to see John Morton in there too. Nice progress on this project!
Kickstarter funding link here to raise funds by October 22, 1923 to finish.

Last edited:

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Updated trailer is even better. Financially still a long way to go. Have published the Kickstarter link on our german Homepage too. Hope we can unearth some funds from our Club Tigeristas ;-)

HRS121E

Silver forum user
Thank you Bernd for your rallying cry.
The small production team found great enthusiasm and helpfulness at TU42. Did you catch the video we made?
I do hope the US Tiger community takes on board our appeal and feels able to support our effort to provide the community with a documentary film everyone can enjoy, and dare I say be proud of being party to its completion!

Graham Vickery
B9470010
B382100633 HRO

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Graham, nice feature video about TU42.You guys are really getting something together. Amazing. You can be really proud.
Hope we can gather more money to assist the project...

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
This is an awesome project!!! The trailers are outstanding but unfortunately , not many Tiger owners have stepped up !! I pledged a few weeks ago but they are only at 11% funds raised so a long way to go and a short time to get there !!!
Time to ‘Tiger up’ as I’d hate to see this project abandoned after all the work they’ve done !!!

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This is going to be an awesome project! As Tiger owners we don’t have much in the way of a professional film depicting our cars like other Marques do. By the looks of the trailers with the inclusion of surviving workers on the program like John Morton from Shelby American, car collector/entertainer Jay Leno who has gave his time and as a host to be interviewed, followed by the top rate production crew from Berlinetta films. The club members from STOC like Graham Vickery has access to many archival photos and footage, coupled with untold files pertaining to our cars. Looking forward to seeing this project being fulfilled, but it can only be finished with our help as enthusiasts. With the help from All of the clubs, let’s get behind this. I just contributed to the project, it will be great to see!

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Only 8 days to go... If you are reading this forum and want Tigers to be better recognized for what they are, then chipping in to this documentary film (even at the equivalent cost of a tank of fuel) is a great way to contribute.