67 MKII

Dontjunkit

Banned
I was 16 living in New York driving a 65 GTO 389 4 sp 4 brll Going up rt 400 and got pasted by what i toughit was a MG I hit it in to 3 and stilled got walked a way from, Little did i know i was about to learn about a Sunbeam Tiger. I stop at the end of rt 400 only to find out that the guy driving the Tiger was a man i new. He laughed And told me the whole Tiger story, I was sold. Now i am 50 and it took 30 years to get a tiger. Now i have one. Little did i know that the tiger would take over the car love i had. For it fast and fun and its a ford powered toy that you can get parts for. Go figure a fun car that you can buy parts at NAPA. Its all fun in one bag. But as it has to be the guy up north still has the MKII rusting in the barn and wont sell it. I would love to have the car that kicked my a%^ and got to drive. But he will not part with it. That my Tiger story.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
A lot of work went into it fer sure, but, it's still an early MK 1A . . . .

Yep... an early MK1A 'transition' car like mine with the rounded trunk and square doors/ hood

A few odd things...

- looks like somebody gave the engine comp. a quick 'blackening' and didn't even bother to remove the windshield water bottle !
- interesting oil filter location...
-never seen a 'Sunbeam' script on the grill bar ... almost like it...
-nice wheels but those spinners??

O.K. ... I'll stop now... lol

Jim
B382000446

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
YEA, just noticed the vin, sh'nt it have a 1 after the 382? Why do people try to cheat like that?

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
YEA, just noticed the vin, sh'nt it have a 1 after the 382? Why do people try to cheat like that?

Who knows...? might just be ignorance on the dealer's part... I sent the seller a message but doubt he'll post it on the ad...

Jim
B382000446

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I see the seller has changed the ad to MK1A ...

Wonder how many e-mails he got...??

Jim
B382000446

tiger331

Bronze forum user
When I look at the pictures of the right inner fender, I get nervous!
Is there somethink missing in the bodywork a tiger should have?:confused:

Hans

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Hans, are you perhaps referring to the lack of a brake booster?

Maybe they also went to the earlier Alpine master cylinder for the unboosted brake system as well. I tried that too when my booster went out several years ago. Did not like it that much. Maybe I would have liked it better if I had also retrofitted the rear drum brakes brake wheel cylinders too. (Yes I know most of the breaking effect is from the fronts, just saying my retro conversion was not complete.)

They say the unboosted system is good for developing muscles in the right leg. I personally like the boosted system better. Gives me more of a sense of variable control to choose the degree of braking force instead of all or nothing. But to each his own.

Gene

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
When I look at the pictures of the right inner fender, I get nervous!
Is there somethink missing in the bodywork a tiger should have?:confused:

Hans

I'm not sure what's 'missing' in the bodywork but I see there's a spec plate mounted below the vin tag ...there should only be installed rivets and no plate on an 'early' MK1A... Wouldn't be the first owner to 'add' one, though...

Jim
B382000446

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I think Hans may be referring to a dent.

The pics not that good... but you'd think you could see at least one of the 'holes' that Jensen used to make it unless they got filled over the years...

A buddy of mine painted up his engine compartment way back when... and he ground the welds on the top hats and filled the edges so they all blended in nicely to the inner fender... He found out years later that maybe he shouldn'ta oughta done that... lol!!

Warren

Gold forum user
Cold air

I had asked the seller early whats up with the MK1a vin and was responded to with a resounding Duh we will check it....and now I am getting spammed from their service dept. Like I will be in Georgia to buy a new Ford..

I have played with the cold air induction idea but glad that I stayed away from the stainless steel lasagne pan concept..

It would be nice to see other options with a LAT style scoop...

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cold (Brrrrrr) Air

I had asked the seller early whats up with the MK1a vin and was responded to with a resounding Duh we will check it....and now I am getting spammed from their service dept. Like I will be in Georgia to buy a new Ford..

I have played with the cold air induction idea but glad that I stayed away from the stainless steel lasagne pan concept..

It would be nice to see other options with a LAT style scoop...

Duke's previous postings show an excellent approach.