Ackerman angle

hirtrobert

Bronze forum user
Does anyone have information on where I can get the parts to correct the Ackerman angle issue ? I am sick of the scraping when I reverse

Also considering Dales front end. Anyone know if he is still making them ?

Rob Hirt
65 MK1a 421. rwhp

IMG_0082.png

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There were MG midget rack kits that correct some of the Ackerman angle issues.. but heavier steering and larger turning circle.

There was a lou Anderson kit that I think there are the plans for...

There is fales front end which solves all the issues.. and significantly reduces the weight over the front end and in your wallet

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There were MG midget rack kits that correct some of the Ackerman angle issues.. but heavier steering and larger turning circle.

There was a lou Anderson kit that I think there are the plans for...

There is fales front end which solves all the issues.. and significantly reduces the weight over the front end and in your wallet
I am present owner of Lou Anderson’s Tiger, sadly the kit was removed. So, a Dale’s kit being installed right now. He does them by order only.

IMG_3851.jpeg

IMG_3867.jpeg

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rob, The ackerman "fix" is a subject of much debate and considerable effort

through the decades of Tigerdom.

The good news is there are options now that did not exist for George Boskoff

when he was building the first TIGER.

With common wheels of 16+ inch sizes, there is room for mods that could not be done

with the original 13 inch wheels.

Also, with the changing demographics in the Tiger world,

other priorities are becoming desirable...

POWER Steering!

These days, how many improvements can be tackled in an update?

...Then, again, when is a Tiger NOT a Tiger?....anymore...

DW

hirtrobert

Bronze forum user
Just bought the mg arms from eBay. Hopefully it’s an easy fit that helps. Anyone know dale’s contact info these days so I can contact him about the front end ?

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Just bought the mg arms from eBay. Hopefully it’s an easy fit that helps. Anyone know dale’s contact info these days so I can contact him about the front end ?
As far as I know, Dale is still making front ends, per order. He had the last batch done a few months ago. But he is the process of moving and his website is down. Phone contact only.

IMG_0031.jpeg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You can find Dale's old phone number if you Google Dales Restoration in San Bernardino. There will be different websites which will have a listing for his former business, but, as already has been stated, the website for his business is no longer available. But you will find his old contact information in some of those websites. However, I cannot say that he is still using the phone number listed. Good luck.

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
With my recent effort to get my Red "beater" street Tiger back on the road,

I'm also looking at front end mods, Ackerman AND power steering.

I have a used Lou Anderson kit and other ideas to try.

Now I just need more hours in the day....AND perfect weather!

ALSO, a windfall to my not there gofundme....

DW