Any source or suggestions for hardtop 1/4 window button grommets

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Seems there were two grommets for 1/4 window toggle <> outside button chrome. Anyone know of a source and/or good option to replace

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm probably going to get murdered for this post ...but yes ..

About 18months ago people were looking for the grommets and buttons ( both small and large) I arranged to have some made in Australia... I got them done... Paid the mfg.. but due to some circumstances beyond my control they are still sitting there.. I should restart a thread for them and contact those that had orders...
I have them if you need . But accessing them has been the issue.. I am a 16 hour flight from them and have been for almost 2 years šŸ˜‘

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I would be interested in 2 sets of those, and have a mate in Brisbane right now that could take delivery.
Or surely one of our Australian members could help?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Seems there were two grommets for 1/4 window toggle <> outside button chrome. Anyone know of a source and/or good option to replace
I recall another member here had sourced a new production substitute ??? Someone good at thread search might uncork them.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'll have to dig up the list from the PM. A friend of mine picked them up but then had his own health issues..

I've had $500 worth of HR buttons and grommets I load for sitting at his place... Maybe I should start a thread and tag the purple who originally ordered them to see who still needs them.

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am definitely interested in the grommets. I am OK on the buttons themselves. Hope you can find a way to get them and appreciate your effort to have them made.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
The small chrome buttons are also used on 60's Minis and Mini Coopers... these are on the sliding door glass. Unfortunately, they use a different grommet. These small chrome buttons are available from Moss under part # 115.860 at $15 ea retail. I haven't found a proper source for the stepped rubber seal, so I use rubber washers from the hardware store with the proper outside diameter. The larger chrome buttons seem to be unique..