Any tried this Master?

67MKII

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Has anyone tried the Wilwood compact Master Cylinder 260-13619?
It is very small and could help with a very congested area of the engine compartment. Probably a little more reliable than the Girling unit for those not worried about a stock appearance.

Just asking before I check it out.
View attachment 8027

PITT40

Gold forum user
I would recommend going for a Datsun/Nissan dual reservoir so that you can isolate front and rear circuits for safety. Use an adjustable proportioning valve to get front & rear bias right.

67MKII

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi Pitt,
I've got the Subaru dual MC right now. I think for safety - it is the way to go. The thing I don't like about the dual set up is that it takes up a lot of room. Room in that area of the engine compartment is sparse already with the steering column, brake master, clutch master and the lines coming in (already tough to get to the spark plug - nearly impossible with the dual MC).
I was just thinking of adding reliability and getting more space.

John

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Hi Pitt,
I've got the Subaru dual MC right now. I think for safety - it is the way to go. The thing I don't like about the dual set up is that it takes up a lot of room. Room in that area of the engine compartment is sparse already with the steering column, brake master, clutch master and the lines coming in (already tough to get to the spark plug - nearly impossible with the dual MC).
I was just thinking of adding reliability and getting more space.

John

I run a Nissan 280ZX tandem master and I've found that's not the problem ... it's the &*%# steering column!!!:eek::eek:
To get at those 2 middle plugs, etc., I took the bolt out of the top u-joint ( mark the orientation of the spline ) and loosened the column clamp bolt and the 2 bolts under the dash, there's enough slack in the wiring to pull the entire column back plenty far enough for access!:cool:

Warren

Gold forum user
Compact

I have a compact single Dale supplied in 1999

I have RX 7 in rear stock up front, effort is OK stops muck better then stock.

With those mammoth calipers possibly a cute little single piston M/C might be better suited for the clutch.

Pitt remind guys that you have Frankenbrake modified the car,,,

"Not that there is anything wrong with that,":)