Anybody using SS's master brake cylinder?

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I would like to get any positive or negative feedback on the Sunbeam Specialties
Tiger Master Brake Cylinder...I like everything I buy from Rick and have great luck with his parts being dialed in. Either I sleeve my existing unit and rebuild, or opt for the non girling aftermarket unit. Any who have experienced this unit and would like to offer your opinion, well I'd love hearing from.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Brake Master

I would like to get any positive or negative feedback on the Sunbeam Specialties
Tiger Master Brake Cylinder...I like everything I buy from Rick and have great luck with his parts being dialed in. Either I sleeve my existing unit and rebuild, or opt for the non girling aftermarket unit. Any who have experienced this unit and would like to offer your opinion, well I'd love hearing from.

I use both and have gotten used to hand filing the pedal rod's washer so that it fits in the after market bore behind the c-clip. I'm also a "keep-it-stock" guy and would rather re-line the master with hard brass (no stainless please). As far as performance, there is no difference . . . . . .

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Where are you getting the girling master relined at? And thanks for you input and info!

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Some Ditto

http://www.applehydraulics.com/

I used to use White Post Restorations. They no longer offer this service.

I have had good results with Apple Hydraulics.

It took a while to convince Lazar (Apple Hydro) that he needed to taper the entrance to the bores so as not to tear the lip seals during assembly. They used a pre-assembly process that didn't require a taper, but, for the average shade tree/tailgate mechanic, a taper is necessary.