April 5-6, 2024 Sunbeam Invasion/BASH Columbia, South Carolina

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Come join us for a fun weekend as we join up with the local British car club at their annual show held in conjunction with the Tartan Days South.
All Rootes cars are welcome. Huge swap meet at the host hotel too.
Car registration info and host hotel info will be posted soon!

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Originally it was going to be April 12 and 13, 2024
There was a schedule problem with the Tartan Fest group which shares the show field with all the British cars so just yesterday the event date was changed to April 5+6.
Also the local British car club is featuring the Sunbeam Tiger due to it's 60th anniversary.
BAHH! (Bring a Harrington Here-there may be 2 or 3 of them at the Invasion-along with many Alpines and Tigers too.)

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Invasion hotel info
We have a block of rooms at our usual hotel the Wingate by Wyndham in Lexington, SC
Room rates are $119. Call 803-957-5000 to get the special rate and tell them you are with the Sunbeam car club.
This block of rooms expires on March 4th so make reservations now!
Here is the hotel website https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/winga...xington/overview?CID=LC:7hcm1fujuihd89e:30544

As always, we will have a huge swap meet and hospitality suite opening on Friday morning so come early and join us!

Here is the British car show registration link.
https://bccmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/2024-REGISTRATION-Carolina-Classics-XVI-Tiger-R-2.pdf
I tried again to get a class for just V6 Alpines but no go. If you have a V6 Alpine just register under the Alpine class. We plan on having personal voting and an award just for the Invasion entrants for the best V6 Alpine at this show.

Last edited:

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
25 Sunbeams are registered so far.
TAC inspections for Tigers will be held at the Invasion!
It took awhile to get the required 3 inspectors but it will take place at the Invasion.
Please PM me if you want to be placed on the list or have any questions.
Thank you.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Two weeks from today (April 6th) our Sunbeams invade the British car show here in Columbia, SC!
There is one more week to register your car for this show and then the fee goes up $10 and stays at that rate if you register at the gate.
Also let me know if you have a Tiger that you want to get a TAC inspection for so I can add you to the list-and bring parts for the swap meet!