B382002050 LRXFE

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
So after several months of blood sweat and tears and since last weekend my latest aquisition is finally on the road:

Attachments

• IMGP0520.jpg
    IMGP0520.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 380
  • IMGP0521.jpg
    IMGP0521.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 388

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Update 6-2011:

Finally german TUV approved and fully historic car road registered. Goes like stink and sounds terrific (all original but with 2 cherry bombs underneath). I´m happy...

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bernd,

Car looks great, i see you have the alloys on it, What documents did you finally get to convince the authorities they were correct period wheels for the car? Brochures or period pictures were enough?

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks. Still some things to do like replacement of the weird side trims and so on but it´s a good everday´s workhorse Tiger. The wheels are not really registered yet but I´m gathering period pictures/documentation at the moment to get it done later. Didn´t want to take any risk so I prepared a set of original steel wheels to avoid any trouble with authorities. See here:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bernd,

i have to say i'm amazed by how pedantic they are on the wheels, given they are obviously a period option and of abotut eh same size as a stock wheel or LAT wheel seems amazing they want documentation. What do they think about things like engine mods? Is there an issue with running a 289/302?

Cal44

Gold forum user
You guys have to register a wheel? What the heck kind of law is that?
Governments..............they can't keep their beaks out of peoples nests.....

Nice car

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
exactly wheels & tires seems to be their focus. However I made another mistake when putting on "N" range 165x13 tires . N range is only specified up to 140km/h so the guy told me they are also not correct . Always something to learn but ultimately and fotunately he accepted. Regarding the american racing wheels I´m still looking for any period documentation. Even pictures if available. The nice thing is they can handle 205/60 x 13 tires w/o neccessity to redo the fender flanges etc.

Regarding engine mods they are also sensitive but nobody over here can really tell the difference between a 260 or 289/302. So should be no problem.

However think this actual car still has it´s original 260 engine. Found a metal tag on the cast iron manifold today saying 260 , 9-66...

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
America Land of Liberty

We have some complainers and discontents but when it comes to our wheels we have free rein.

California and many other states in U.S. have no annual inspections of the registered vehicle other than periodic emissions tests. Older autos like Tigers even get a no show pass on that. ;).

From my experience this is unique to the US and maybe Argentina where the vintage Ford Falcon still is a common mode of transport.

Count your blessings!

Rick

steven

Gold forum user
Similar in the part of Aussie I live in. Once the car gets the nod for rego, never inspected again unless pulled over in a roadside inspection. And my guess is a roadside inspector would not know what the car was, let alone wheels and engine. Although I did get a look from a local man in blue at a roadwork area when my Holbay equiped series V Alpine was given voice LOUD.

PS, my Tiger is in Shutszu at the moment, heading for Hong Kong, after that don't know, sometime in the next month or so, it may arrive in downtown Brisbane.:)

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
you are certainly living in more easier regions with regard to wheel/ tire combinations but despite Germany is tough we don´t give up (actually not as bad as Switzerland).
Just got an old Peugeot/Talbot Germany confirmation for 205/60x13 on Minilite wheels. So first step is achieved now and all I need on top are some period pictures from the 70ies showing American racing wheels on either an Alpine or a Tiger. If anybody can send me I´ll include him in my evening prayer :rolleyes:...

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
you are certainly living in more easier regions with regard to wheel/ tire combinations but despite Germany is tough we don´t give up (actually not as bad as Switzerland).
Just got an old Peugeot/Talbot Germany confirmation for 205/60x13 on Minilite wheels. So first step is achieved now and all I need on top are some period pictures from the 70ies showing American racing wheels on either an Alpine or a Tiger. If anybody can send me I´ll include him in my evening prayer :rolleyes:...

Bernd,

There are a bunch of tigers that raced inthe late 60's SCCA in autocross and track events that ran them.. will see what i can do for pics