B9471635 finally sheds its' paint, bondo and rust!

allfudge

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
It’s taken a while but I finally got the shell to the metal dippers. First I stopped at the Washington State Patrol and had them ID the shell so I could legally remove and replace the VIN Tag. Couldn’t save the TAC sticker so I’ll have to get that replaced! The shell was treated with an iron phosphate wash after the dipping so I have a little time before I have to prime it. Doesn’t look like its been in a collision, just a LOT of rust, as I expected. You can view the pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/allfudge1635

Anyone have anyrecommendations for panel sources?

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
Good luck with the resto. I am going through the same thing at the moment. Like yours, the car had a lot of work done before and was not done well.
Apart from a few patch panels my panel man has made most of the panels needed for my car. We thought we were nearly there, then we found the rear chassis rails were rusted out and had been covered.

Cheers Mal

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Keep em' runnin'

Good to hear you are hard at it keeping them runnin'. Lot's of free advice and comments available right here on this spot! randy W

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Still looks like a pretty good body. Have seen much worse ones. Anyhow the best panel source is Chris Draycott in UK. They are expensive but look and fit exactly like the originals...