Brake line unions for flexible lines to metal lines

fjohn49

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
The brake line unions that connect the flexible lines to the metal lines were removed from the car. If I remember correctly, they have s ring cut in them for when they attach to the clips that hold them in place. Is there a source for obtaing these?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
baffled by your description... flex lines all have male ends. At the rear the flex line attaches to a "tang" welded to the body. There is an internal tooth lock washer and 3/8-24tpi jam nut that secures the flex line to the "tang", the connection at the axle end of the hose is by the same manner. All of the metal lines have female ends. There is no separate brake union. In the front there are locking tabs that the flex lines fit into, then an internal tooth lock washer a 3/8-24 tpi jam nut. Current repros of the flex lines have an end that is larger than the originals and will not fit into the locking tabs. 19/32" vs. 9/16" (AF wrench size)

fjohn49

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the reply, I remember how they connect now. I'll have to check the flex lines for their size. Appreciate your gelp.