Brake pipe clips

Hoghead

Gold forum user
My brake pipe clips are yet another item that have gone missing.....
Where to buy new stock looking clips?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Silly me already looked on Moss under brake line clip - lots of choices but not a P-clip
Once again, thanks to Sean
I should have told you to look in the electrical portion of the Moss catalog... "P" clips are used on many English cars for securing the wiring harness and come in many sizes.... the section for the Austin Healey has the most comprehensive assortment of sizes....

Last edited:

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Is the brake pipe clip the thin piece of metal that is spot welded to the chassis that holds a thin piece of rubber that surrounds the brake line and then folded back to the chassis to secure the brake line. If not can you post a picture ? Thanks

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Is the brake pipe clip the thin piece of metal that is spot welded to the chassis that holds a thin piece of rubber that surrounds the brake line and then folded back to the chassis to secure the brake line. If not can you post a picture ? Thanks
well.... sometimes!
DSCF5045.JPG
There are bend tabs welded to the body in various locations for the brake and fuel lines.. But what Bob was referring to are the clips that hold the brake line from the master to the booster on the firewall/bulkhead... at least I think he is! The picture will show one of the clips on the line... originally the brake line was wrapped in a bit of rubber

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
well.... sometimes! View attachment 15312There are bend tabs welded to the body in various locations for the brake and fuel lines.. But what Bob was referring to are the clips that hold the brake line from the master to the booster on the firewall/bulkhead... at least I think he is! The picture will show one of the clips on the line... originally the brake line was wrapped in a bit of rubber
Ah yes there are both types