Brush in hand, some Rustoleum, and Trunk area primed

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Got the Rustoleum can of red primer on the Tiger this morning before it got too warm.

Had about 3/4 of a quart in the opened can and ended up being the perfect amount to get the trunk, under the trunk and back of package tray done.

Old school with a paint brush and likely illegally obtained paint for California... no of course it's not. 🀑

Next coat will be Satin Black Rustoleum from a quart can as well. Next coat goes on mostly with a small roller. Need to wait a few days for that so the primer will be fully baked.

Making progress and not having to look at scraped paint is nice.
πŸ˜€
πŸ˜€
πŸ˜€

20230617_103630.jpg

20230617_104038.jpg

20230617_122855.jpg

20230617_122903.jpg

20230617_122906.jpg

20230617_122914.jpg

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Got the Rustoleum can of red primer on the Tiger this morning before it got too warm.

Had about 3/4 of a quart in the opened can and ended up being the perfect amount to get the trunk, under the trunk and back of package tray done.

Old school with a paint brush and likely illegally obtained paint for California... no of course it's not. 🀑

Next coat will be Satin Black Rustoleum from a quart can as well. Next coat goes on mostly with a small roller. Need to wait a few days for that so the primer will be fully baked.

Making progress and not having to look at scraped paint is nice.
πŸ˜€
πŸ˜€
πŸ˜€

View attachment 17874

View attachment 17875

View attachment 17876

View attachment 17877

View attachment 17878

View attachment 17879
Just think of all the weight you added!! :)

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nice job ! Put in a grounding stud before the top coat ?
There is a bolt with washers that has bare metal behind it all. That's gets pulled after all paint. Pop in ground bolt and all good. This is only for the fuel pump and sender in tank. The main and single main battery ground to chassis has been moved to the firewall. Battery is moved to behind pass seat in my car no room in trunk with the fuel cell in.

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
W
Just think of all the weight you added!! :)
I'm likely still less since the Plutonium based undercoating is thick and heavy πŸ˜€

All kidding aside, I save where I can but not super worried about trimming more weight, car is small and light as it is. Rather have it nicer and safer then light these days. I can make up for some with hp and brakes. Will get it on a scale at some point...