CAT under bumper plate mount

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I am fed up with the license plate on the trunk lid and want an under bumper mount.

I was going to make one until I noticed CAT part number B38
Anyone have a pic of the bracket itself, and how low it sits when mounted?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Try This instead

'Frenched' Plate Recess

Attachments

• Frenched Plate Recess.jpg
    Frenched Plate Recess.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 170

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Photos

Here are some photos of the C.A.T. B38 on my car. I do not have any of it off the car.

I took a tape measure to see how high off the ground the bottom of my license plate frame is. I got about 10". I have never had any issues with the bottom of the license plate frame scraping anywhere.

Let me know if there is some other angle you would like to see.

Attachments

• Photo 1.JPG
    Photo 1.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 187
  • Photo 2.JPG
    Photo 2.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 189

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Here are some photos of the C.A.T. B38 on my car. I do not have any of it off the car.

I took a tape measure to see how high off the ground the bottom of my license plate frame is. I got about 10". I have never had any issues with the bottom of the license plate frame scraping anywhere.

The angle I don't like to see is the exposed wiring when the lights are pointing down for the below bumper plate. I'm surprised a cover was never developed to cover this area.

midnightengineer

New forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone know what kind of plating is on the CAT under bumper license plate bracket? I'm trying to decide whether to add a finish to it. I just received mine and I'm concerned about corrosion. It's a shame they didn't just make them out of stainless instead so you could just polish it.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone know what kind of plating is on the CAT under bumper license plate bracket? I'm trying to decide whether to add a finish to it. I just received mine and I'm concerned about corrosion. It's a shame they didn't just make them out of stainless instead so you could just polish it.
David... You clearly aren't driving hard enough....

Also the higher you mount it under the bumper .. the more obscured it becomes....which is probably illegal...but could be somewhat useful if a certain type of fixed camera was being driven past....šŸ˜²

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I used the one Rick sells. Mounts under the trunk handle and uses the same screws, so no additional holes. Not a huge fan of the under bumper mount as I don't like the exposed wiring looking completely unfinished

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I used the one Rick sells. Mounts under the trunk handle and uses the same screws, so no additional holes. Not a huge fan of the under bumper mount as I don't like the exposed wiring looking completely unfinished
That's because you are flipping the plate lamps upside down...instead of illuminating the lovely boot paintwork.... I'm beginning to think all you guys have very small and light right feet .... šŸ¤”

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
well, maybe! not 16 anymore... But I have been pulled over for not having my rear license plate properly illuminated... several times. Maybe they just want to look at the car. Of course, I've also been pulled over for not having a rear view mirror on the door as well. Told the cop, "it didn't come with one, write me 2 tickets, one for tomorrow". He let me go.....

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Photos

How do you think that would look without a rear bumper? That it sorta nice to get it off the back of the boot.

Sandy

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had the Sunbeam Specialties bracketā€¦until someone decided he wanted ny personalized plate. Just flexed it back and forth until it broke off. I mage my new one out of fast thicker metal. Still below the bumper.

67425483058__BF188F01-1667-4953-82DF-471FF46A54DD.jpeg

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Photo before lamp installation. With the bumper spaced correctly from the body add some black shrink tubing to the wires and make sure the rubber socket covers are hid under the bumper. This may require some readjustment to the angle of the lamp holder. These mountings are installed on our cars that use this set up. this Overlook the 3M undercoating that ran out from inside the body. It was cleaned later.

107_0509.JPG