Clutch Push rod needed

Warren

Gold forum user
66 Mk1a with 260 5 bolt bell housing. I either need a proper measure for re fabrication or a spare. I have a jury rigged bolt fitted by the hack PO. Clutch is near the floor for release and not comfortable in any longer drive. Thanks W.

Warren

Gold forum user
Thanks

Not sure how I missed his listing Thanks, this seller has had some nice stuff that I have seen before.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Clutch Rod

66 Mk1a with 260 5 bolt bell housing. I either need a proper measure for re fabrication or a spare. I have a jury rigged bolt fitted by the hack PO. Clutch is near the floor for release and not comfortable in any longer drive. Thanks W.

Tim Morin makes a darned good re-pro. He does not have the very special spring clip that holds it to the clutch arm (important), so you may have to get creative with safety wire so as not to drop it. I also have spares here. We are attempting to duplicate the spring wire bends by hand :)confused:) but the heat tempering ain't easy . . . . . .

Warren

Gold forum user
100 point car

Not me! The car and I have bigger issues than a missing retaining spring .For the rod to drop on the road as the car rolls away stuck in neutral or in gear and clutch less after a hydraulic failure is the reason for the wire/clip Right?

I'd happily drill and safety wire the rod as the stock spring is un-obtaium and probably price reflective. I am ready to buy something as I drove Leepear's car and am jealous of his rebuilt steering rack and properly functioning clutch.

Please PM me if you have a rod/spring that is taking up too much space, yea sure..

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I had a Mustang a few years ago that was converted over to a clutch cable system, worked great. I got the kit from Modern Driveline and the only modification was to the bell housing, had to go to the newer ball and pivot fork.

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
The clutch hydraulics and overheating have always given me headaches. I've wondered if there might be someway to convert to cable or other method. Would there be room? Probably wouldn't do it anyway, don't need a headache of a different sort.

I lost my pushrod one evening about dusk driving thru East L.A. :eek: (40th and Western). I managed to roll to a stop in a dirt lot. Was able to fashion a rod from the alum. dowel handle from an exacto knife. Don't recall how I determined the length but was able to reach under car and by feel alone fit right in (still in the tool box). Got me 20 miles home.

Remember trying to get change for a dollar to use the phone (no cells in them days) at the liquor store across the street, "f uses wants change baa sump'in".

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
That darned rod

Not me! The car and I have bigger issues than a missing retaining spring .For the rod to drop on the road as the car rolls away stuck in neutral or in gear and clutch less after a hydraulic failure is the reason for the wire/clip Right?

I'd happily drill and safety wire the rod as the stock spring is un-obtaium and probably price reflective. I am ready to buy something as I drove Leepear's car and am jealous of his rebuilt steering rack and properly functioning clutch.

Please PM me if you have a rod/spring that is taking up too much space, yea sure..

PM sent: The only problems I ever had with that hydro clutch , hot or cold, was when the seal aged & got tired. Otherwise worked fine . . . . .