Covercraft Cover?

ATiger

New forum user
CAT Member
I have used Covercraft custom fit covers on several of my card, past and present, and like the fit and fabrics. I contacted them to see if they have a pattern for my '65 MKI and surprisingly found that they don't have a one for a Tiger or for a MKIV-MKV Alpine. After sending photos of my Tiger, the rep sent me a measurements sheet to get a quote on a custom made cover. I find it hard to believe that they haven't ever made a cover for these casd before. Has any of you out there ever gotten one before?

I searched the CAT forums and got leads on alternative cover suppliers and it looks like California Car Covers might be a good alternative but I am not familiar with their fabrics. I want to avoid any Evolution-type non woven fabrics because of prior bad experience with those holding and passing fine dust and shedding fibers like crazy after a couple years.

ATiger

New forum user
CAT Member
Hmmm. Just looked at the description of the covers at Sunbeam Specialties and see that they are from Covercraft...

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Over the years I've bought four covers from Rick. They fit good. The ones I have are a heavy flannel type of material.

ATiger

New forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the input. I would be getting one of the Weather guard (WeatherShield?) covers, mainly for dust protection in my garage, which surprisingly has a ton of dust fallout coming from somewhere I haven't figured out yet. I've had good results with that fabric for dust protection and also outdoor use. I would also use it outside when I have to put the car in the driveway temporarily to make space in my one car garage. I already have a flannel lined poly-cotton cover and may use this one over the top of that if it will fit. From the picture and your comments, it sound like the Rick's covers might be a little tight to go over the flannel lined one.

Do you know if Rick's covers will fit a hardtop?

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ricks cover with a hardtop

03CAADDE-77E0-4082-9DEE-7FB048ED8702.jpeg

ATiger

New forum user
CAT Member
Thanks very much, looks excellent! Is it the polycotton flannel or Weatherguard material?