Dale's front end?? Have you installed? Can we talk?

pappentl

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Kevin, if you're not in a hurry I asked Dale to install the crossover brake line in my crossmember which is being shipped this week. I can take pictures when it gets here if that works. I too hope for an easy installation... but it is 2020.

Tom
B9473100

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks Jon and Tom!
Jon, I said oil cooler but I meant oil filter. I made my own remote oil filter setup with a canton racing oil filter adapter block and fancy AN hoses. Those will certainly need some tweaking, but I will worry about it when the crossmember is in for good. The brackets I was referring to are the one you captured in the picture - the ones where the brake hoses mount to the unions. I may be wrong but it looks like the crossmember on Dale’s website has those mounting brackets in a different orientation, 90º from where the current model is. But I may be off on that. Which dual master did you go with? I have a courier unit bolted into the project as a mock up and it looks like it will work. Dale suggested a 7/8” or 13/16” MC and a 1:6 Tom Hall modified pedal. I may give the courier MC a whirl and change out if need be.
Tom, no rush but pictures would a great! Thanks!

Management has just presented me with a home improvement project so car progress will likely halt for a few weeks.
But thanks for the info. Perhaps the next guy installing one of these might find this info helpful!
Cheers, -Kevin

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Hi Kevin,

The Canton piece should have enough room. I just checked Dale's site and my brackets are definitely the same as on there; he may have changed it. If he supplied the fittings as he did with mine I'm sure everything will be fine. I have a 13/16" bore Subaru master with Tom's modified pedal. Tom said it should work great.

I know how it is to have delays, I picked up the front end from Dale at the 2017 United and still haven't driven the car with it installed!

-Jon