Dash Install

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Installed the dash. Looks like it may stay in and not need another bench run, fingers crossed as it a bit of a tight fit, would be easy without the knee bumper.

Totally forgot to install the pull handle for the halon system so had to hunch back it with some pliers to tighten it. Will get one more hit with the pliers and some thread interference work with a center punch to make sure the nut can't come off without 'Extreme Duress'.

Also added steering supports and bracket while under the dash, this holds up the back of the Sweet steering column, and made the entire assembly much more rigid, backers were added behind it as well for less messing with individual nuts, and helps a bit with the hunchback effect trying to get the nuts tightened. The column clamp for the Sweet column is not shown, but it held by the bottom bolt.

Have to make a small bracket for the foam trim on the bottom as the rubber isolators move it out about 0.5" where it won't reach. Should be easy, but likely a pain as they are in an odd space. I guess it's all relative as far as easy can be on a Tiger.

Next on to harness work to tie it all down and finish off the rear harness for stuff in the trunk.

20231128_135709.jpg

20231128_135844.jpg

20231128_135952.jpg

20231128_160450.jpg

20231128_160515.jpg

20231128_161902.jpg

20231128_172220.jpg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sandy as always lots of work and re-engineering...
I can't recall if you bought the dash or made it ..

It's a beautiful timber dash...better than most .. but wondering given the race/mod vibe why not a carbon or turned metal dash to keep that vibe?

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sandy as always lots of work and re-engineering...
I can't recall if you bought the dash or made it ..

It's a beautiful timber dash...better than most .. but wondering given the race/mod vibe why not a carbon or turned metal dash to keep that vibe?
Purchased the wood part SS years back. The reason is I love the wood dash on the Tiger, it's not crazy heavy and just love the look. Would not be to hard to make something, but IMO the wood looks great.