Dealer Invoice

wmjsm

New forum user
I got my first sports car, a '65 Tiger, in 1968. Going through some old papers recently, I found the original dealer invoice. I knew it was around here somewhere, I just wasn't sure where. (Getting old is a bitch!) There were two Tigers on the invoice, one of which was the one my parents bought for me. The chassis numbers are 9471355 and 9472582 (mine). I'd love to know if either of these is still on the road and thought someone on your site might know. If anyone has one of these, I'd love to hear from you. I might consider parting with the invoice if someone still has one of these, but I probably could scan and email it to anyone who wants to see it (within reason). I can be contacted at wmajcher110@gmail.com

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I got my first sports car, a '65 Tiger, in 1968. Going through some old papers recently, I found the original dealer invoice. I knew it was around here somewhere, I just wasn't sure where. (Getting old is a bitch!) There were two Tigers on the invoice, one of which was the one my parents bought for me. The chassis numbers are 9471355 and 9472582 (mine). I'd love to know if either of these is still on the road and thought someone on your site might know. If anyone has one of these, I'd love to hear from you. I might consider parting with the invoice if someone still has one of these, but I probably could scan and email it to anyone who wants to see it (within reason). I can be contacted at wmajcher110@gmail.com

According to the online registry, the B9471355 looks to be MIA, while B9752582 was in Kansas City, MO in 2009

wmjsm

New forum user
PDF dealer invoice

Thanks for the info. I didn't even know there was a registry. I'll see if I can track it down through there.

Attachments

• Tiger dealer invoice.pdf
    235.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by a moderator:

Warren

Gold forum user
Added PDF

Be sure to look back as a PDF was added to our O.P.'s thread. Wish I could get so lucky and have some early information about T.A.C.#82B9472628

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
New math?

I see two $3000 cars and an invoice total of $12000. What am I missing?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
invoice

The one car was moonstone with azure blue interior. The moonstone cars I've seen had either scarlet interiors or black. I don't remember ever seeing one with the blue interior. Are there many around with this color scheme?

wmjsm

New forum user
I'm really not sure how they did it at that time. Maybe there were multiple invoices with two on each one. We bought the second one (British Racing Green) from a woman whose husband owned the local Sunbeam dealership; that's her name written on the invoice, Ruth Kamerer. Her husband had passed away, and this was his personal vehicle. She had it sitting in her garage with rugs laying over it to keep off the dust. Her Cadillac was parked next to it, and she was tired of bumping the passenger door of the Tiger when she got out of her car. She didn't know much about the car, so she had her brother-in-law come over to show it to us. My dad and I went over to see it, and he had set a limit of $1000 for whatever we bought (after all, this was 1968). We had already looked at a '66 Alpine and a '60 Healey 100-6. He asked how much she wanted, and she said $1300. My heart fell, but then he said he'd give her $1150 cash on the spot. After some hesitation, she agreed. I almost wet myself. The Tiger had extremely low mileage and included a tonneau cover and removable hardtop. We took it home a couple of days later, and my dad had to drive it; I hadn't learned to drive a manual yet. I was a high school senior driving the car of my dreams. Some of my friends had fairly beat Sprites, TR-3s, and MGAs, but this was a mint Tiger. I'll never forget it.

SunbeamTgr

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Just a comment on the Moonstone/Azure Blue Mk l. One of my cars, a former Lord Rootes winner, B9471410, came originally in that color combination. I didn't like the blue interior and changed to red. Tried to match Moonstone, but I instead chose an Alpha color, China White. I, too, have never seen another.