Decals for defrost/heater control

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
My tach bounces a little but is not accurate--I was told it is from the pertronix. Would this repair shop modify them to work with this aplication?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Tach Works

I know that Peter at Nisonger Instruments (no affiliation) does all the updates and more to match your tach to whatever you're running for output. They will also take an Alpine tach and re-face it to match the Tiger gauges and calibrate for 8 cyl. if you want to raise the red line a bunch. It's only money . . .914-381-1952

Warren

Gold forum user
Shop notes

Comments onspeedo repair. 85 bucks with calibration.

The repair guy said the magnet that rotates with in the cup becomes miss aligned and causes the problem. Along with a clean a lube and adjust the price is what small motorcycles speedo repair is. I have also heard bearings and cables are to be suspect.

Most of the small bike speedo, essential the same technology, or lack thereof for me any way I escaped on the cheap by rubbing them like Aladdins lamp and talking nice to them. BUT Kitty bites every time I open her up though.

I am dropping my tach off today, since it does not work at all. He describes it as a flow through model of inadequate design. He says he has a circut board that he has used on Jaguars that have the baboon heart transplant I mean Chevy 350 V8 conv. Since he had one on the bench a Jaeger for the Jag it must be easy for him and commonplace.. About a hundred bucks for that too

Oh he did say that his mod will work on the semi stock 65 Autolite dual point dist. or the Petronix. 310 374 3017 Pauls Speedometer. Pac. Coast Highway close to Redondo pier, or a short hop from the beach 2 blocks up.

Oh duh, yeah he said that his mod will work on the Autolite 1965 2 point dizzy, or the Pertronix on my Santa's list but I hear little W's been bad too much time in the garage and too much spending on the toy

I am thinking of the TV hero, "ah don't worry its just a scratch," I hope the bleeding will stop soon and I can tear up the pavement rather than the contents of the wallet.

Warren

Gold forum user
Tach

Paul is at PCH @ Beryl 310 374 3017 and says his mod will work with either, Petronix or the Autolite dual point I have.. but call him. On my survey of 1 he was fast 2 days on the speedo and he has been at that location over 20 years.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
My Tach solution - http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14831

011.jpg

Warren

Gold forum user
Very Nice

Nice work. I have not wanted to take my eyes off the road long enough to even see the tach at that RPM even in my 2008 Civic SI which has a rather squirly feeling at that RPM. I hope to have my car ready for the Christmas toy drive. I could go for a clock if I could get a return mail.

prbreuhan

New forum user
I am still doing this...even though I don't have a Tiger any more. :(

I have a webpage up with some information at...

http://www.breuhan.com/Sunbeam.html

Keep on Tigering,
Paul

Bob,
I can help you. I can send you the lettering and you can do it yourself, or I can do the whole deal. Contact me directly and we can talk about it via email or over the phone.

heater.jpg

Also comes with al the dash lettering...and lettering for the metal tags.

alllettering.gif

(Type is actually white)

I might as well post all the pictures I have so...

Here are other examples of what I have done...

vintag.jpg

Early and Late VIN tag lettering (Late plate is shown).

oldnewamps.jpg

Original Stock Lucas Amp gauge on left...relettered one on the right.

8k7ktachs.jpg

From left to right...8K Autometer tachometer...Tiger Speedometer...and 7K tachometer (please ignore the fingerprint smudge on the glass, I need to retake the photograph)...all to match.

3small.jpg

Three small gauges.

Custom stuff can be done...

abclock.jpg

Relettered Autometer Clock (new lettering on the left and original lettering on the right).

vac.jpg

AC Delco Vacuum Gauge.

volts.jpg

Sunpro Volt Gauge.

The lettering could be done in other colors...white type on a red background...blue type on a white background....the only limit is your imagination.

I am thinking of doing a complete gauge set with Arctic White backgrounds and black lettering for my own car.

I have been running relettered gauges in my Tiger now for over 3 years and they still look as good as the day that I restored them. I would not offer anything that I would not use myself. I am very picky (pain in the butt)...just ask my friends.

Paul

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good To Know

Thanks for putting out the efforts . . . . . . will be contacting you soon. randy