Differential gasket Tiger rear end

navyeod

Bronze forum user
Did a search on this and did not find anything. Is there a cross referenced part number for this. :confused::confused:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Seal that fanny

Did a search on this and did not find anything. Is there a cross referenced part number for this. :confused::confused:

Any good parts store (NAPA, etc) should list various DANA 44 gasket applications. From the 56 T-Bird thru Jeeps & early Broncos used them. I prefer the re-usable rubber version from an E-Bay seller, "Just differentials".(http://myworld.ebay.com/justdifferentials/?_trksid=p4340.l2559) no affiliation. As for gooping bareback w/no gasket, permatex black works better . . . . . . . . .clean the surfaces w/carb cleaner.

65Tiger

Bronze forum user
A little off the topic but Permatex Black also works good for the intake to block seal. Toss the ones they give you in the gasket set and lay thick bead on the block between the heads. If you use some long studs or all thread in the front and rear manifold bolt holes the intake will drop right the 1st time making a good seal with the Prematex. Put the rest of the manifold bolts in then pull the studs out.
Rick

Last edited:

the_tool_man

Gold forum user
+1 on Permatex black.

I've used it on my Mustang and Explorer (both use Ford 8.8), and never had a problem. I also switched to an aftermarket aluminum cover with a drain built in, so I never have to remove it for maintenance. I bet there is something similar for the Dana 44. Will find out soon enough, as that's next on my list. :D

Regards,
John.