Does anyone recognize these parts?

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I photographed these parts when I dissasembled the car. I have no idea what they are for. Does anyone recognize them?

F2389C86-3FC1-4246-AA20-C0C9496C89BE.jpeg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I pulled out my Rootes Alpine Parts Manual and found what looks like your clips.

Plate G Section YX.JPG

383/1 looks like your clips. Here is the part description for 383/1:

Page YX30.JPG

Unfortunately, I could not find a diagram showing exactly where and how these clips are installed.

Good luck!

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well done. Thanks.
I did not think to search the Alpine parts manual.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well done. Thanks.
I did not think to search the Alpine parts manual.
Yeah, many of the parts on Tigers are shown in the Alpine parts manual. In general, only parts used uniquely on Tigers are listed in the Rootes Tiger Supplement Parts Manual.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Iirc they hold the extendesmd soft top flaps that hang down onto the drain channel on the lhs and rhs to ensure water runs into there not the car.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My car had no soft top when I bought it, and I think those were laying in he bottom of where the soft top goes.
Thanks again to both of you.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I still don't know where exactly hey go, but I am not yet at the soft top install yet, so I ill be asking later if it is not apparent. I only have two of the clips. Is there a source to buy them?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I still don't know where exactly hey go, but I am not yet at the soft top install yet, so I ill be asking later if it is not apparent. I only have two of the clips. Is there a source to buy them?
I have spares! PM me.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There is a drain channel that runs around the rear valence where the softtop goes. It then finsihes in the B pillar. It clibs on the thin edge of the channel

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ok. I got the soft top installed, and the inner two inner flaps attached to the inside of the drain channel with the SS clips.

Now, could someone please post a photo of where these clips go on a mk1a.

Thanks

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If the clips are laying down in the body you'll find that the clips tended to get pushed off when stowing the soft top. The other problem is that depending on the condition of the soft top frame it's possible that when lowering the top you could catch the top material on the clips and tear or damage the fabric. I've seen that happen. The original idea of using the clips was a good idea but I doubt that there are many cars out there that have the clips.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
SS sells clips for the top connection to the drain channel, but they look nothing like the original, which is why I was so confused. I can see now how the originals work, but they don't stay on very well. I used glue and the SS clips. Thanks everybody. Sorry to keep asking.
They are not a mystery any morešŸ˜Š