Dome Light

ahetzel

Gold forum user
I sold my Tiger recently on Bring a Trailer and someone noticed plunger switches in the door jams for interior lights. I had forgotten that when I purchased the cars it had two lights under the dash that Norm Miller commented to me on as non-original so I removed them. This whole "dome light" thing became a large topic of conversation during the auction, aftermarket, Tiger GT option, who knows. I went through my parts bin and found the lights I removed and suspect that they are aftermarket but will let you decided. They were mounted at the corners of the dash knee roll just under the dash. Here is a picture of the likes and the location.

Great news is that the car sold to a son of a former Tiger owner. He purchased it for his dad who is now 83 and sold his Tiger to fund the purchase of a business in the early 90's. He has always regretted it. The car was optioned exactly the same and the dad is over the moon that he will get "his" Tiger back.

I will stay involved in the Tiger community and wanted to say thanks for all of the help over the years with our car. It has been an honor and privilege!

Attachments

• Domelights.jpg
    Domelights.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • Dome lights.JPG
    Dome lights.JPG
    772 KB · Views: 95

Warren

Gold forum user
Great

Glad it went well. The lights pictured our license plate lamps removed from the holder. I have seen the door pin switches on eBay UK as well as light.
I thought it'd be a great thing to have but then you turn it on and the light is right in your eyes.

steven

Gold forum user
The door switches were on GT cars and they had a light fitted around the top of the internal mirror