dual pattern bell housing

texastigert

Silver forum user
Dual pattern bell housing needed.
Need help locating a stock dual pattern bell housing or a dual pattern scatter shield, for a six (6 )
Bolt block. Please call: Tim Morin @ 210-630-0492 or email: tigert@austin.rr.com

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Them Bells

Dual pattern bell housing needed.
Need help locating a stock dual pattern bell housing or a dual pattern scatter shield, for a six (6 )
Bolt block. Please call: Tim Morin @ 210-630-0492 or email: tigert@austin.rr.com

Hi Tim: I make my own from stock 6-bolt aluminum bells. Note the aluminum weld puddles inside the bell. I use the aluminum to keep the weight down. You can either have a bushing ring inserted (see pic) to match the HEHE bearing retained or change the retainer to the larger diameter (T-10 ?).

chirodoc

Gold forum user
6 Bolt bellhousing

QUICKTIME makes SFI bellhousings for 5 bolt and 6 bolt blocks that have narrow and wide ear transmission bolt patterns, plus bellhousings that accomodate Tremetic 5 or 6 speedtransmissions. Check Speedway Motors or Jegs. Quicktime can custom fabricate whatever you need. They are down the road in Ottumwa iowa. Lakewood and McLeod make hydraformed scattershields but require some surgery to accomodate the Tiger's hydraulic slave cylinder and exhaust. See the CAT Shopnotes.