Exhaust manifold removal ?

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Do the exhaust manifolds have to be removed before pulling the engine from below if so how is the best way to remove the tab washers

Warren

Gold forum user
Do the happy dance cause you don't have headers. The folded over metal tabs are no sweat. Were you able to find the Duke video on engine removal?
There's the thread here as well kind of like our version of name that tune....
Or more like I can remove the motor and transmission in x minutes. What would really impress me would be a event in competition like they used to do at VW meets. The old days was a clutch swap in a parking lot on a wee dub ;)

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Yeah Warren you were correct the tabs on the ex manifold washers were a breeze Finally got everything discussed, I thought the speedo cable was going to be difficult but if you jack up the transmission mount there is plenty of room to remove the bolt that holds it in The only bolts that were stubborn were the exhaust flange bolts and 2 of them broke no problem they will be easy to remove on the Bridgeport mill It was a blessing that the remote oil filter hoses leaked because the 1/8 thick oily grime that covered everything underneath makes them nice and shiny when cleaned off much easier than removing rust. Anyway tomorrow the engine gets pulled 😊

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I did see Dukes video 3 1/2 minute engine removal , that’s great it takes me that length of time to crawl under the car and twice that to recover when crawling back to my feet 😮

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
15992489-8AE9-41F4-AA48-D6617D3913ED.jpeg
Much easier with the engine removed ! 😊

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Wow, with as many front bumper mounts I have seen Ripped out of the frame horns,

I Wouldn't trust them to hold up the front of the car!

..and the floor jack concession must be happy...use what you have...

DW