Finns Tiger1A (B382002312 - JL662258)

finnstiger1a

New forum user
I remember going to Niagra Falls Canada in late August 1997 and there was a British Car Show. I was hoping to find a car to buy but had no luck at that event. Soon after, I received a lead on a Tiger for sale in Ohio and went to go see it. Ron was the second owner of this Tiger and had owned it for 28 years. It wasn't perfect. He'd had a mild restoration done in 1987. The car had some issues but, all in all, it was a decent car. I remember Ron sobbing in the driveway as I was driving away. I felt bad for him at the time.

I drove the car regularly for a year or so. I think I washed it so much I caused his patches to blister out in lower front fenders and rockers. I then decided to restore it. I was lucky, for I had acquaintances with people who owned or were involved with Tigers for 30+ years. They knew Tigers inside and out. They knew the best places and contacts to get parts. It still ended up being quite a job, and took 2 + years to complete restoration.

John Engles, aka Tigermaniac, was one of these people. He had a Tiger II that was just beautiful. In fact, he just sold the Tiger this year for $85,000.00. After some schooling on the car, I used his car as a model to emulate. My intention was to drive the car, go to shows, and cruise-ins. I chose not to build a museum piece or 100% original car. I understood that some modifications would make the car handle better. Also the LAT options gave the car a better stance in my eyes.

Some of the choices I made for the car were:
302 5.0 crate motor
Edlebrock manifold
650 road demon carb
Tiger valve covers
MSD ignition 6al
Griffith reproduction alumiumn radiator
Cat headers, Jet hot coated
Original stainless exhaust system (chromed entire tailpipes)
Lakewood bell housing
Center force clutch set up
LAT 3:07 posi
Newly made entire suspension front and rear
Racing shocks
Chromed traction bars
New brake and clutch system
Rare rear wheels that match LAT wheels I had really add to the look. They cost me $500.00 a wheel in year 2000 used. All this time I have only seen 4 sets period.

Interior:
Leather interior
New dash pad
Replaced every peice of rubber weather stripping
New dash with glove box and custom radio box that matches dash. AM/FM/CD radio with four speakers
New LAT clock
New convertable top and boot cover
New windshield
Cat roll bar and pad, (I added floor lights and a light in the roll bar that works with door or by switch.)

Exterior:
I have original hood finished with the LAT hood on the car
Lucas halogen head lights
Paint system was PPG base coat clear coat
Lower front fenders, rockers, and exhaust pass thru
I bought a rear clip from California, dipped it, and used it to replace rear quarters and inner wells. We drilled out factory spot welds in most cases and replaced each part in the same manner. I must have $1000.00 in stainless steel screws, bolts, washers, and nuts. In fact, I have a box with every receipt totaling some $35,000.00.

If you go to www.photobucket.com/67tigerrestore you will see the car when purchased in 1997 followed by restoration pictures. To see current pictures of the car go to www.photobucket.com/67tiger

I have had a lot of fun going to cruise-ins and car shows over the years and have won several awards along the way. I recently joined this site and have enjoyed reading the stories, postings, and viewing your photos. Thought I would post my story and pictures for all of you. Hope you enjoy checking out my Tiger.

Sincerly,

Jeff Finnery

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had a browse of the pics on photo bucket.. beautiful car,
102_1206.jpg

Cal44

Gold forum user
Got to picture 110.

Don't cross this guy, he is picking up the engine and transmission by hand form the top........................ holy smokes........

Chris Major

Silver forum user
Finns Tiger

Obviously interested. Please send me contact info if you are interested in selling.

Regards,

Chris Major

Bret a

New forum user
How did you place the rear speakers in your car. Did you have to cut thru the metal in the trunk and then did it interfere with the spare tire. Did it help with hearing the music when you are driving with the top down and did you use an amp