FIVA 2020 Research Award to Rootes Archive

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just learned that FIVA's (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) Culture Commission has announced that the Rootes Archive Centre Trust has won their 2020 award for Research.

[FONT=&quot]The Commission recognized the Archive's effort and achievement in meeting the massive challenge to store and catalogue material relating to the heritage of the Rootes Group and its successor companies, which is fully aligned with FIVA’s preservation and promotion objectives. Additionally, the Archive's effort is providing a major source of reference to enable future generations to keep their vehicles on the road – and provide technical awareness of historic motoring.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'd like to add my special thanks to the RACT Trustees and to all the Rootes owners world-wide who have stepped up and contributed to support the Archive and its preservation efforts. You helped make this award possible. It is because of you that RACT has been able to acquire its own wonderful building to house the collection into the foreseeable future. The Trustees have crafted and put in place a frugal financial plan which is very viable which will sustain the Trust for many decades to come. The cost of the new building was close to 300-thousand dollars and almost all of it has been paid off thanks to your efforts and generosity. I'm confident the remaining debt (which I estimate to be less than $7,000) will be retired early this coming year.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]thanks to all![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Buck
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

BillRo

Gold forum user
That is a great presentation by Andy Bye of the Rootes Archive and well worth your time to view.