Wanted Found one .. need Tiger right steering arm

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Missing right Tiger steering arm - mounts to front spindle - thanks in advance. ? are the MGB steering arms a) a good idea, b) a bolt in swap, c) ? what tie rod end needed.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Missing right Tiger steering arm - mounts to front spindle - thanks in advance. ? are the MGB steering arms a) a good idea, b) a bolt in swap, c) ? what tie rod end needed.
I have some originals here. PM if you don't find any near you. The MGB arms require just a bit of hole boring and a spacer. They do help correct the angle, but not cure it.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have some originals here. PM if you don't find any near you. The MGB arms require just a bit of hole boring and a spacer. They do help correct the angle, but not cure it.
Randy along with the rack don't they also widen the turning radius slightly?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Never actually measured it, but my favorite turn around at the coffee shop chews up a couple more feet.
That's not much difference. That extra few feet would probably not trigger the traction control if Tigers had a traction control unit like most of today's vehicles. Not to mention lesser damage to an untrimmed front valance.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Never actually measured it, but my favorite turn around at the coffee shop chews up a couple more feet.
I have the midget kit sitting on a shelf, I was going to use it to swicth to RHD but decided I wasn't phased by the "wrong side".

I drove a friends car with the conversion and was surprised how it made what's a bad turning circle a bit worse (though a quick antisocial poke of the right foot can rotate the car in a smaller radius).

The modified MG arms provide some Ackerman correction.. the midget rack and the mounting brackets added to the correction but wasn't sure if it also added to the larger turning circle again?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I also have good used Tiger steering arms. The MBG arms would use the std. Tiger tie rod end. you'd also have to make spacers because these are not angled for the attachment points like a Tiger steering arm. When using the sprite/midget rack kit and MBG arms the end links are either both RH or both LH.. I can't remember which.. that was so a coupler could be installed in order to facilitate alignments. Just installing the MGB arms on their own won't really provide a lot of improvement. As Michael said... the turning circle with the Sprite/Midget rack was horrible... Also very heavy steering at low speeds... I had one for a while.. between the heavy steering parking, and twitchiness at high speed I decided to put the standard Tiger rack back in

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well, that life lesson took a little bit of time I bet. I think I may have found one. Thanks everyone