Frame replacement

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Are you sure?

Genuine Tiger shell. Note the lower heater mount tab. This is an early Mk1 shell, but ALL production Tigers look this way. The modification was done by torch. It was modified to clear the revised throttle pedal arrangement. This is a TAC inspection point. AND this car has been tac'd. if you look closely you can see the masking tape over the tac sticker.

Like I said, I'm positive.

P5251335.JPG

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have my facts right... maybe you should stick to conversion vans.......
He prefers converted cars ... 😉

You can spend decades around things... But if you don't pay attention you will never learn... but maybe if you keep repeating things long enough you convince yourself.. if not others

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member

You can spend decades around things... But if you don't pay attention you will never learn... but maybe if you keep repeating things long enough you convince yourself.. if not oth
It's getting much easier!

Austin Healer

Gold forum user

You can spend decades around things... But if you don't pay attention you will never learn... but maybe if you keep repeating things long enough you convince yourself.. if not others
Something else I noticed about the car in red oxide primer... it has fresh air vents... meaning it's a series 5 shell (or possibly a MK1a/MK2) except the Tiger trans tunnel is a MK1 type part... no holes for the drains from the vent boxes. This is "magically" corrected by the time the car is painted red... if they are the same car.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Something else I noticed about the car in red oxide primer... it has fresh air vents... meaning it's a series 5 shell (or possibly a MK1a/MK2) except the Tiger trans tunnel is a MK1 type part... no holes for the drains from the vent boxes. This is "magically" corrected by the time the car is painted red... if they are the same car.
o_O

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Getting back to the value of TAC question...
Regardless of what some may think is a lack of the value in TAC certification, the marketplace clearly values TAC immensely.
I get the impression that if a car is for sale without TAC that there is a very negative presumption. Obviously presumptions are rebuttable, but I really think any owner selling a real Tigers without a TAC risks cheating himself out of a lot of money.

Buck

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Personally, I value our TAC process. I first saw a Tiger in early 1964 and bought a new transition car in 1965. We still have it although many rust & crash repairs have happened. Many Tigers have gone thru the shops & barn over the decades. From originals to highly modified critters, I’m no longer surprised to find anything about them. They are, after all, a truly mongrel critter.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Getting back to the value of TAC question...
Regardless of what some may think is a lack of the value in TAC certification, the marketplace clearly values TAC immensely.
I get the impression that if a car is for sale without TAC that there is a very negative presumption. Obviously presumptions are rebuttable, but I really think any owner selling a real Tigers without a TAC risks cheating himself out of a lot of money.

Buck
I couldn't agree more!