front urethane bushings

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I am now replacing my second set of upper and lower a-arm bushings. I have been getting these from Sunbeam Specialties and they disintegrate at an alarming rate. Anyone out there have any experience with a more durable poly urethane bushing? There appears to be a supplier in Australia that lists on ebayUK.

The ones from Sunbeam Specialties are a hard black bushing listed as "urethane", I have seen a set of red poly urethane bushings on a client's car, but he couldn't remember where he got them.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am now replacing my second set of upper and lower a-arm bushings. I have been getting these from Sunbeam Specialties and they disintegrate at an alarming rate. Anyone out there have any experience with a more durable poly urethane bushing? There appears to be a supplier in Australia that lists on ebayUK.

The ones from Sunbeam Specialties are a hard black bushing listed as "urethane", I have seen a set of red poly urethane bushings on a client's car, but he couldn't remember where he got them.
YUP: Rick's hammer out at low miles. I found that the OEM steel/rubber outlast the cars (Not from Rick). OR, there is a very good SuperFlex (parts # 0134 &?) from the UK.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Suoerpro make the ones in Australia. They work well.. Just watch out for squeaky sounds

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I think that I have gotten less than 5000 miles out of the ones from Sunbeam Specialties. I had a client's car come in with them and they were toast as well.... I'll check the ones from the UK and Oz. Thanks!

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Super pro USA. $123 and change. free shipping. only $5 more than the ones from Sunbeam Specialties and they'll last.

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Super pro USA. $123 and change. free shipping. only $5 more than the ones from Sunbeam Specialties and they'll last.
I have used these in a client project. Smooth & firm movement of the arms. I'm curious if time on the road will expose friction damage where the outer bush contacts the arm.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Is there a source for better coil spring insulators? Last fall I started hearing ominous clunks from the front of my car. It seems that the spring insulators had come adrift (as they say in the UK!) I found them wadded up around the upper part of the shocks inside of the coil springs! it'd be nice if I could find poly urethane insulators as well!
I have used these in a client project. Smooth & firm movement of the arms. I'm curious if time on the road will expose friction damage where the outer bush contacts the arm.
this is the problem with the urethane ones that Sunbeam specialties sells. not so much with the uppers, the lowers don't last very long

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Is there a source for better coil spring insulators? Last fall I started hearing ominous clunks from the front of my car. It seems that the spring insulators had come adrift (as they say in the UK!) I found them wadded up around the upper part of the shocks inside of the coil springs! it'd be nice if I could find poly urethane insulators as well!

this is the problem with the urethane ones that Sunbeam specialties sells. not so much with the uppers, the lowers don't last very long
Rick's effort was/is well-meaning. It's the compound mix & poor Asian manufacturing process that defeats the intention. The outer shell is perfect dimension as is the inner sleeve. The compound sucks.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Rick's effort was/is well-meaning. It's the compound mix & poor Asian manufacturing process that defeats the intention. The outer shell is perfect dimension as is the inner sleeve. The compound sucks.
I meant no disrespect to Rick. I pretty much use him as my sole source for new parts.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I meant no disrespect to Rick. I pretty much use him as my sole source for new parts.
I'm also a huge client of Rick and thank him all the time for keeping us going. I'm also willing to pay for quality & durability. Just make it available.