Fuel line routing.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Hello all,

I am moving my fuel pump and filter to the spare tire well in the trunk. Can those of you that have also done this post a picture of the pump, filter and line routing? Before I start drilling holes for hardware and fuel lines, I would like to have the most elegant solution.

This would be a great question for the Tiger email service but it has been down for months now.

TIA!

Brianelec

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I would avoid buying a Holley Blue Pump. They are very noisey and run constantly. It's as noisey or maybe more than the stock pump running constantly.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Fuel Routing

The Tiger MK II has a good solution Duke: Two 1" grommeted holes on the rear of the vertical spare well panel, one above the other. The tank line enters one and the pumped fuel leaves by the other. The fuel line routing actually follows the same basic path without the trap door pump in the middle. Once the steel lines are in the spare well they convert to std rubber hosing to make convenient connections to any pump. I agree with the noise problems of the large Holley (and others) and prefer any of the quieter demand only pumps. We tried some fancy isolation mountings a couple of times with the bigger pumps, but it still behaved like a newbee in a rock band. enjoy, randy w

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
I found the fuel pump I am going to use.

18205.jpg

http://www.fluidsystemsengineering.com/parts/product.php?productid=3825

It is exactly like the Edelbrock quiet-flo pump and is $20 less. It can also be mounted in any direction which will allow me to mount it horizontally in the spare tire well.

65Tiger

Bronze forum user
The Holley pumps are very NOISEY. years ago I installed one on the frame rail under the cab ofmy 52 Ford F1. It sounded like amodel airplane engine running under my truck, even over the dual 2.5" flowmasters. I am currently running a high volumn mechanical pump.