Fuel pump rewire

Johnnyb

Bronze forum user
Hi There
I've moved my fuel pump to the spare tire well in the trunk and installed a new ignition switch so of course the wire from the ignition to the pump which has had a lot of "mods"( a pump kill switch) from previous owners came apart and that was the end of my outing. I'm rewiring the switch straight to the pump, I've read about the route thru the cabin over the wheel. Anyone have any tips or any better ideas?
Thanks
John

steven

Gold forum user
I have a replacement wiring loom so it is not origional. However the fuel pump wire travels along the main wiring form from the dash along the left side and follows through to the rear above the wheel well and exits where the leads go to the rear lights and the fuel tank. Then down to the pump. I hope that helps I also have a crash switch before the pump

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
The over the wheel well setup is what I plan to do. Another option I've seen on here is wiring in a relay and drawing power directly from the battery, since it's right there. You can also add a fuse.

-Jon

steven

Gold forum user
Thats why I have a crash detect cutoff between power and the fuel pump. The last thing you want if in a crash is to have fuel pumping out over the carnage