Getting TAC'd

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I plan on getting my car TAC'd at TU42 this June. Has anyone else heard anything or plan on doing the same?

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I plan on doing the same, and have not heard anything. Guessing we will find out more on Wednesday. See you there.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Registration is scheduled to open at 2pm. Check with them about TACing. (you may want to leave them your cell numbers to help the TAC team find you.)
If you checked the TAC box during registration the TAC team will probably already be looking for you.`

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
For those who are interested I will tell our story. The prior owner and I drove to Inn Marin to see about getting the Tiger certified Wednesday at 3pm. Many people were very busy setting up for the event, registering people etc. On the way there the car started making a bit of a racket. Well, the cooling fan was hitting the upper radiator hose, and the pulley was hitting the body of the water pump. Being only 15minutes away from the house, I drove it home and put it back in the garage to wait for my wife to get home. When she arrived, I let her know what was going on with the car and that we would be heading to the VRBO. I came back home on Friday to put the tiger on the trailer and drove back to the VRBO in Sonoma. Saturday morning, I towed the Tiger to Sonoma Square to have it TACed there, but as you can imagine, they were even more busy with the event and lunch. I spoke to a couple people who said bring it back to Inn Marin after the event and they would have time to look at it. We arrived and folks seemed to be pretty impressed with the originality of the car, it grew a bit of a crowd and it is now officially TACed.

Long story short, the events may not be the best place to do this as that is their primary focus (which makes sense). If I had to do it again, I'd reach out to STOA and arrange a set date/time to do it.

To those who, we all talked to, it was very nice meeting you and we look forward to seeing you at future events. Oh and the ladies had a blast.

40611.jpeg
40590.jpeg