Hardtop rear window trim

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I bought my Tiger in 2020 down in Miami. A doctor who owned it and raced had died, and his widow was liquidating everything. It is difficult I found out bargaining with a widow who just took responsibility for an airport hanger full of a Sunbeam Tiger, a racing 1954 Jaguar xk120 and a machine shop.

Anyway this guy who was helping the widow loaded up the car with parts he thought went to the Tiger and was loaded on flatbed tow truck and brought to my home in Orlando.

Now, about the hardtop rear trim. My car came with the hardtop but the rear window trim was brand new and in bubble rap. It was never installed.

I just fitted it today to my renovated hardtop I bought to replace my swiss cheese one that came with my car.

It fits great!

My question is, did someone make repops of the hardtop rear window trim or is it an oem replacement part?
The packaging or the parts had no writing at all.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My question is, did someone make repops of the hardtop rear window trim or is it an oem replacement part?
I'm not aware of any repro hardtop rear window trims...so if it was someone's aftermarket...it likely a special commission... More likely is it's either NOS...or... Someone sent the trim away to polish the stainless and that's the packaging it was returned in when done... Especially given bubble wrap šŸ˜‰

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I bought my Tiger in 2020 down in Miami. A doctor who owned it and raced had died, and his widow was liquidating everything. It is difficult I found out bargaining with a widow who just took responsibility for an airport hanger full of a Sunbeam Tiger, a racing 1954 Jaguar xk120 and a machine shop.

Anyway this guy who was helping the widow loaded up the car with parts he thought went to the Tiger and was loaded on flatbed tow truck and brought to my home in Orlando.

Now, about the hardtop rear trim. My car came with the hardtop but the rear window trim was brand new and in bubble rap. It was never installed.

I just fitted it today to my renovated hardtop I bought to replace my swiss cheese one that came with my car.

It fits great!

You need to make sure the clip at the bottom center is secure. We use a small dab of silicone sealer to hold it in place. If it pops out you run the risk of the trim popping out and possibly losing the trim if you're driving. It's happened.