Hardware question

gyroplanes

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hello, I took my car apart years ago. I hav all of my original hardware. I would like to keep my car somewhat stock (despite the 302, alum rad, etc) What do most of you do about hardware. I have dumped a bunch of stuff into the "WASHING soda & electrical" treatment and I do like the loss of rust and the "grade 8" look (black coating) that it leaves.
Any help is appreciated.,
Tommy Lansing, Illinois (Chicago so suburb)

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello, I took my car apart years ago. I hav all of my original hardware. I would like to keep my car somewhat stock (despite the 302, alum rad, etc) What do most of you do about hardware. I have dumped a bunch of stuff into the "WASHING soda & electrical" treatment and I do like the loss of rust and the "grade 8" look (black coating) that it leaves.
Any help is appreciated.,
Tommy Lansing, Illinois (Chicago so suburb)
I keep my fasteners looking stock through zinc and black chromate application. If I'm going for a Cadmium look, I can fake that with the zinc minus brightener. Pictures of my clutch pedal return spring. I was doing black oxide but that'll corrode eventually.

PXL_20221220_151515672.jpg

PXL_20221220_152459711.jpg

PXL_20221220_152654000.jpg

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I took all of my fasteners to a company in Spokane called "Novation" they co do either bright zinc, or black phosphate. I took a pair of 5 gallon buckets of fasteners, clips, wire and band type hose clamps. I didn't have to clean any of it. cost was about $100 a bucket which I thought was a bargain

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I took all of my fasteners to a company in Spokane called "Novation" they co do either bright zinc, or black phosphate. I took a pair of 5 gallon buckets of fasteners, clips, wire and band type hose clamps. I didn't have to clean any of it. cost was about $100 a bucket which I thought was a bargain
I can attest that is a bargain.