He took my offer.

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hello everyone, Greg Petersen here, Carson City, NV. I bought my 1966 Tiger in October of 2021, 75k on the odometer, code 86 (green) and last four of the vin are 0377.
I'm in the last stages of a complete, rotisserie restoration. Not a bolt, nut or wire wasn't cleaned or looked over. I've followed some of the threads here regarding originality and following a very regimented procedure to stay true to the brand. I did not build a resto-mod in any way, however there are some personal, yet tasteful touches of my own. I didn't build it to garner 100 points in a Tiger originality contest. I built a bad ass 289 HiPo motor with headers, F4B manifold, Holly carb, MSD distributor, 8mil wires, Flowmasters and steel exhaust. I restored my own dash with burl veneer, put the steering wheel back together from around 6 pieces, and the clock is a Smiths quartz in the wrong hole, far left. The motor dynoed at 302hp and 326ft lbs of torque, rebuilt trans, rear end, front suspension, rack and pinion, aluminum radiator, everything has been massaged. Since I'm just a plumber and not tech savvy, my FB page has a lot of pictures of my year of therapy. Please feel free to peruse my page, its under Gregory Petersen and I'm a member of the FB Rootes Group page. Thank you for reading my post, I look forward to our future correspondence.

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
In October of 2021, I went to a customer's house to make a repair, (plumbing contractor) and there was Marty's Tiger. I've been looking at that car melting into his garage floor for over 30 years.
But on this visit I pressed Marty to sell it. I knew he had a bunch of kids and I mentioned to him and Kate to talk to the family, and if there was no interest, I'd make an offer. I came back a week later with a green light to buy and we started to unveil the Tiger. We came to an agreement, and I picked it up a week after that. The car was 98 percent complete, but nearly 40 years of sitting, not started, and completely ignored, a full restoration was the only way to bring it back. So, now its nearly complete. It took a little over a year but I believe it is one of the best examples out there. Not a 100 point concourse contender, but an extremely well sorted car. I'll try and load some pictures, I'm somewhat technically challenged. But I can put a car together!

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sounds like a great car and a nice find Jim, Is this a B947, B3820 or B3821 car?

Brian

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
99E0BEB2-F046-44F2-BB45-F495C0698AC7.jpeg

0C9CBC41-787F-4953-9FB9-FB2C60016995.jpeg

725F51C2-54A4-4A98-9B83-2A44DFB48A8E.jpeg

A1CAA50B-6E13-467E-8FFD-7841D68DC349.jpeg

28835321-F9EB-469E-A9C7-48478C8B115A.jpeg

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
That looks like 100 points to me. I realize not everything is bone stock but it looks fantastic!

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I figured out how to load pictures!
That is a beautiful and yet aggressive Tiger. Its how I might complete one (in my dreams with unlimited skill and or funds and fewer sentimental attachments than I had ). Just a great car. Congratulations! Love the green. Love the stripes, the .... sheesh nice. 👍🏻

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What is the Brand and size on those tires?
Toyo Proxes R888r.. very good track tyre. I ran them on my race Alpine. They are road legal.
A caution they pickup and throw anything on the road and will sandblast the trailing edge of your wheel arches

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Thanks everyone for the nice feedback on my car! I left those lug nuts off because in case the alignment shop needed to pull the wheels off. Those are original LAT9 lug nuts that I had re-chromed and I'm sure impossible to find. They are on and torqued now.
I put 8 miles on it last Friday, open headers! As soon as the weather improves, I'll trailer into Reno for the exhaust. Amazing how much power this thing has, I never got out of second gear. I'll get started on the folding top pretty soon too, but I need a toasty garage for that.

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Thanks everyone for the nice feedback on my car! I left those lug nuts off because in case the alignment shop needed to pull the wheels off. Those are original LAT9 lug nuts that I had re-chromed and I'm sure impossible to find. They are on and torqued now.
I put 8 miles on it last Friday, open headers! As soon as the weather improves, I'll trailer into Reno for the exhaust. Amazing how much power this thing has, I never got out of second gear. I'll get started on the folding top pretty soon too, but I need a toasty garage for that.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Those are original LAT9 lug nuts that I had re-chromed and I'm sure impossible to find. They are on and torqued now.
I put 8 miles on it last Friday, open headers!
With those tyres I strongly suggest you add some clear film on the trailing edges and inner hard lips before they get sandblasted by what those tyres throw

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
After completely sorting out the car, I'll get the clear bra guy to hit a few places. The area around the exterior door handles is a must, rear of wheel arches, the surround where the top cover goes, specifically where the Lift the Dot buttons are.
Getting it running and moving on its own power was the early goal. Now I can focus on the minor things.