Holy Cat Batman! Mk2

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
POS Rust Bucket

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=271310566900

Can't wait to see on a computer and not a phone.

Oh my home now and I had that very same brand of 8 track player. Wow what a mess! Wonder if they know what the parts are worth if they aren't eaten.

Should have called this Rust never sleeps.

An avid parts scavenger I know in the area quietly examined the piece and would not consider it at any price. "Toast, Not worth shipping 2 feet!" The trims could be worked and saved. Looks like the high salt water mark was slightly above the air cleaner. Such a tragic shame :(

George Simpson

Gold forum user
One of Five hundred

1967 MK 2 best & rarest of the Tigers. I believe this (rust bucket) will sell for over $20,000

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I cant believe the front right guard has rusted through around the A post section on the vertical surface... never seen that before.. car also looks from some angles that the rear springs have come through the floor in the boot.. the bottom o the car must be toast..

It's a MKII... lost of rare bits are there... and remember the MKII wreck for sale about 18 months back... but wonder if you could still save it???:confused: obviously not an economically viable restoration.. but is it a possible one? Just wondering how much of the car would be left to weld to.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
If you sit in it, it will split in half. No pics of VIN tags........I bet they show up on a pristine MKII (that never gets TACed) in a few years.

Faking a MKII from a MK1/1a is not unheard of.

P. Scofield

Black arm band member RIP
I cant believe the front right guard has rusted through around the A post section on the vertical surface... never seen that before..

This is a good indication of just how deep this rust issue goes. This is a car that would need to be dipped. Unfortunalty, you see just how bad it is when it comes out. I'll bet 80% of the metal gone from 8" down.

A few good parts however!

P. Scofield

Black arm band member RIP
If you sit in it, it will split in half. No pics of VIN tags........I bet they show up on a pristine MKII (that never gets TACed) in a few years.

Faking a MKII from a MK1/1a is not unheard of.

When prices get up to where they are, you are right, no coverup is not worth the time and effort.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
An Alpine (sic) Restoration ?

The good news is that the talents & experience I'm blessed to work with could handle the rescue, BUT, they would die of depression climbing the never ending hill . . . . . . . .

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nice Windshield

There are some nice parts on the car - the wheel lip moldings looked decent, as did the Mk II grill molding (except for the big dent, which could be worked out). The eggcrate did not look too bad in the photos, but I would be worried about its condition. However, I did not see either rocker panel trim pieces. These are hard to come by parts for a Mk II and are more difficult to repair if damaged, due to the pattern on them. Like others have already said, I suspect that this car's title, VIN plate, and JAL plate will be the starting point for another "restored" car.

David

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rumors I'm hearing suggests those MK II trim items could reasonably fetch upwards of $15,000.

J.D.

It has:

3 of the 4 wheel arch trims (does it have the 4th?)
no sign of the sill molds
has the MKII grill eyebrow
MKII grill
headlight rims
speedo + tach (though all the gauges appear to have build up even inside the units!)

I dont see 15K... I see maybe 4k given they will all need quite a bit of work.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
I asked the seller to post a pic of the VIN and JAL tag.

Answer - "I don't have a pic of the vin unfortunately. This was my fathers car and I have original title. The vin I listed is correct."

Warren

Gold forum user
What is important here

Is that the vin get splattered on the net . Once that is done someone doing a casual vin search will be brought to this thread. The only other trouble is the link is only valid on e bay for 30 days . But someone could drag and drop the pictures to this site, or whatever. I have a nice collection going including the MK2s that were offered for sale here. Ebay has changed their picture format and it is easy as pie to copy their pictures now . I am away from a real computer but someone should copy the vin to their post.

Telling seller "I'd bid X if you posted better pics," may motivate her to do it. People do things if you make it easy for them,maybe ask her to send you a picture of the title .

Got to wonder what killed the car, and got. it put into storage in such a rotten location .

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Colour Code 39 JAL700402

BON Page 328 this Mk II VIN ......504 is in the Registry, has an owner's name and listed as Key Largo Fl. Red A shame it has been so totally neglected.

Rick

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
T2eC16Jy8E9s2fif5nBScflG0zQ60_57_zpsd4486bb9.jpg

T2eC16ZzgFIcjUUUdDBScy0zhNg60_57_zps83756163.jpg

T2eC16ZoFIem9qvvBScr20v-Q60_57_zps21a890d8.jpg

T2eC16Z4FIZWt3VVTBScsUDo60_57_zpse24f7ba8.jpg

T2eC16Vw8FIc9EmsBTBScy9ef960_57_zpsd38f9ad5.jpg

KGrHqZl4FJZb6HRR9BScyoJg60_57_zps1b12769f.jpg

Link to Album -

http://s796.photobucket.com/user/samouce/slideshow/Tiger MKII

That poor bugeye in front of it....it is a car hell.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Looks like the steering wheel/brake lock didn't keep old man rust from stealing most of this car..haha