hoods

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Picked up a hood with a scoop a while back, had no heat vents in it.
Knowing I should install something and being frugal I found a set of teardrop
vents to help with the cooling. The vents are from a mid 80's snowmobile that were free. My question is how does the hood drain if I have vents installed in the outer edges of the hood. Heres a quick look of what I'm doing.
Thanks

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...saU4pFA/s640/sunbeam%20hood%20vents%20014.JPG
sunbeam%2520hood%2520vents%2520014.JPG

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Rain Water?

It just goes into the engine compartment and finds its way out the bottom to the road. Same as happens to rain that comes in through the grill with cooling air.

Rick

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It just goes into the engine compartment and finds its way out the bottom to the road. Same as happens to rain that comes in through the grill with cooling air.

Rick
Thanks Rick guess I was just trying to look to far ahead.

I have cut some holes in the inside channel and didn't want water collecting
in the front of the hood. It does look like there are a couple drain holes there.
Kevin

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Front Bonnet Seam

Thanks Rick guess I was just trying to look to far ahead.

I have cut some holes in the inside channel and didn't want water collecting
in the front of the hood. It does look like there are a couple drain holes there.
Kevin

A good area to pay attention to is that front seam on the bonnet (hood). When we do a resto on any Beam, I always stand the hood on it's nose and pour (or spray) large amounts of rust converter into the access holes so that it settles & seeps into the front seam. Give it 48-72 hours to find it's way in there. We've noted blemishing will bleed thru that area not long after a fresh paint, so it's best to nail it down beforehand.