hose clamp list

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Does anyone have a list of the size and types of stock hose clamps for a MKI - wire, tower, and flat band types?
Since I am buying new clamps anyway, they might as well be the proper style, no matter how frustrating or ineffective they may be compared to US style worm gear clamps..........

Sean has given us sources:
NPD for the tower style,
Clark Spares and Restorations (with a Fillister head screw) for the flat band type
Moss has been suggested in this forum for the wire style

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Moss and others have the wire style clamps…BUT they have hex head screws which are not correct. I have not found any vendor that sells the clamps with round head slotted screws.

You can get correct round head screws here…

https://restorationstuff.com/

Then just switch them out.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Restoration Supply also has wire style clamps. It has been awhile since I ordered some, but I seem to recall I ordered them with round head slotted screws. Give them a call.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Clarke Spares and Restorations has the flat band clamps for the 1/2" ID heater hoses. I buy the tower type clamps from NPD (national parts depot). As for the double wire clamps... Moss does have these, but besides the wrong fastener type, the construction is also incorrect... leading to problems with coolant leaks... I have gobs of original clamps... some of which I have even had (newly) zinc plated... if you are interested, I could supply photos of originals vs. the Moss repros to illustrate the problems with the new versions

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The correct wire clamps used to be available at a tractor supply place in the states... Names slips my mind at the mome t.. But i posted it years ago on the saoca forum... So should be able to dig it up.

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Clarke Spares and Restorations has the flat band clamps for the 1/2" ID heater hoses. I buy the tower type clamps from NPD (national parts depot). As for the double wire clamps... Moss does have these, but besides the wrong fastener type, the construction is also incorrect... leading to problems with coolant leaks... I have gobs of original clamps... some of which I have even had (newly) zinc plated... if you are interested, I could supply photos of originals vs. the Moss repros to illustrate the problems with the new versions
Sean, I could use two beauties for my oil filler to air cleaner for MKII.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
here goes...

one Cheney branded (Jubilee type) clamp for the hose for the heater core drain. Mk1a/MK2 will have 2 additional for vent box drains. Cheney branded clamps are no longer available new

4 "Tower" clamps for the heater hoses at the water pump and for the bypass hose to the thermostat. (available from NPD)

5 flat band clamps (ALSO used on the MGB) at the heater core, heater valve and at the copper "T" 10-32 slotted fillister screw. 6 on the MK2 as the temp sender is in the manifold and there are 2 copper "T's" (available from Clarke Spares and Restorations)

Assorted double wire clamps for radiator hoses, expansion tank hoses (both of them) the carb preheat plate, temp probe "T", the large hoses at the copper "T" and the breather to air cleaner hose. 10-32 slotted pan head screw. new repros have the wrong type screw

The PCV valve hose used compression type single wire clamps (Ford supplied) (available from NPD)

The brake booster hose used a pair ribbon type clamps. no longer available

Fuel line had small double wire clamps like the cooling system. 2 at the hose connection at the bellhousing and 4 more at the fuel filter. (2 each side) These have a smaller screw size #8 fine thread slotted fillister head. I have yet to find a source for these.

The correct herringbone pattern hose for the fuel lines and for the RH heater hose (core to copper "T") is available from Burtonbikebits.net type "herringbone oil pipe" to see the different hoses...

Last edited:

Hoghead

Gold forum user
here goes...

one Cheney branded (Jubilee type) clamp for the hose for the heater core drain. Mk1a/MK2 will have 2 additional for vent box drains. Cheney branded clamps are no longer available new

4 "Tower" clamps for the heater hoses at the water pump and for the bypass hose to the thermostat. (available from NPD)

5 flat band clamps (ALSO used on the MGB) at the heater core, heater valve and at the copper "T" 10-32 slotted fillister screw. 6 on the MK2 as the temp sender is in the manifold and there are 2 copper "T's" (available from Clarke Spares and Restorations)

Assorted double wire clamps for radiator hoses, expansion tank hoses (both of them) the carb preheat plate, temp probe "T", the large hoses at the copper "T" and the breather to air cleaner hose. 10-32 slotted pan head screw. new repros have the wrong type screw

The PCV valve hose used compression type single wire clamps (Ford supplied) (available from NPD)

Fuel line had small double wire clamps like the cooling system. 2 at the hose connection at the bellhousing and 4 more at the fuel filter. (2 each side) These have a smaller screw size #8 fine thread slotted fillister head. I have yet to find a source for these.

The correct herringbone pattern hose for the fuel lines and for the RH heater hose (core to copper "T") is available from Burtonbikebits.com
Thanks once again Sean

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
here goes...

The correct herringbone pattern hose for the fuel lines and for the RH heater hose (core to copper "T") is available from Burtonbikebits.com
I went to burkinbits.net and I did not find the correct fuel line and rh heater hose. Would you mind directing me to the correct parts?
Thanks.
Paul Freen

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I went to burkinbits.net and I did not find the correct fuel line and rh heater hose. Would you mind directing me to the correct parts?
Thanks.
Paul Freen
it's Burtonbikebits.net It's sold as "herringbone oil pipe". 5/16" id is PS161 (specify length) and 1/2" id is PS189 (specify length) if you type herringbone oil pipe into their search bar it'll come up with the page.. I found it with a Google search... this is the fuel line. the second image is a piece of original fuel line next to the new stuff.
DSCF5051.JPG
DSCF5053.JPG
DSCF5051.JPG

Last edited:

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I have bought that from Burton in the past, for one of my bikes. Expensive, but if you really must have it...........................

Last edited:

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I have bought that from Burton in the past, for one of my bikes. Expensive, but if you really must have it...........................
I restored a 1966 Triumph T100 (Tiger) trials bike.. 1 of maybe 20 built in '66. All of my business is restoring vehicles for clients and I tend to be anal when it comes to originality... I get asked to find some pretty obscure parts! The Triumph used twin magneto ignition and no battery.. it has a 6V AC (alternator) system with no diode to convert to conventional DC power... I had to find an original Lucas 6V AC horn... thought I'd never come up with that!
001.JPG

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, they're great dogs. We had one in the early 80's. Here's a pic of 'Luffie' and my wife from the Tehachapi News in '82:

Terri & Luffie '82 Tehachapi News.jpg