I too am Tiger hunting.

davester

Bronze forum user
Looking for a nice clean driver of any vintage. I'm located in Kansas but will travel anywhere in US for the right Tiger. Only interested in original cars with correct numbers. Dave Gilmore, Leawood, Ks. 913-488-1459 dave.gilmore@sbcglobal.net

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dave,

when you say orginal cars.. do you mean unmodified as in original 260/4 speed/disc/drum brakes etc.. or you mean original as in good lineage TAC'able tiger that may have upgraded brakes, cooling motor?

what range are you looking at? and do you have a preference from MKI or MKIA?

davester

Bronze forum user
RE Tiger Hunting

I would prefer an original engine, drivetrain, body, trim, and interior. An engine swap is pretty hard to avoid I realize and it probably wouldn't be a deal killer as long as it at least looks stock with most of the original exterior bits and pieces still on it. MK1 or 1A will likely be as high as my budget can go ($25-35K). I know that's a wide price range, but the car will dictate of course. I definitely want correct VIN plate and numbers for a TAC'able car. I plan to keep the car for a long time and can do some of the smaller restoration (interior and minor cleaning and re-painting of suspension, etc) over time. Minor mods to improve driveability are fine as long as I can eventually put them back to stock at some point. I guess in short, a really nice driver that I might put 2-3,000 miles a year on, not a concourse winner. Norm has been really great about taking my calls and questions. I've forwarded info on several cars that he was not aware of, so that's all going into the records along with photos. I appreciate your interest!

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Tiger hunter

One of my customers has such a car that we sold him a few years back. Unmodified, maintained & original wear; Has been certified for many years. I'll give him a call and ask ??

davester

Bronze forum user
Found one!

Was fortunate enough to find a very nice numbers matching unmolested 1967 MKII car and jumped on it. Repainted in original carnival red a few years back, otherwise original, rust free, and missing only a washer bottle and tool kit. Norm was a huge help and I can't thank him and other CAT members enough for their suggestions and help. I'll post a little story on the find. Definitely lived in a barn and it's next stall neighbor was a 1968 Shelby GT500! Was not sure how to delete my original post.

Dave Gilmore
Leawood, Ks.

AHudson777

Silver forum user
Hey, congrats you found one! Well, I haven't yet, still in the hunt. Thanks for leads thus far. Others appreciated.

Real, authenticated Tiger, safety/performance mods 'within reason' okay, super driveable, don't need a project. 25-30k range.

LHP3RD

Silver forum user
MK II

If you can go a little higher, I've got a MK II you might like? Here in SoCal.

AHudson777

Silver forum user
Thanks to those of you who've been nice enough to contact me directly. This includes...

The blue modded 1a, the red 'mostly' original 1a with the LAT scoop, the white Mk II (that had been green), the green Mk 1 with the dead paint but factory hardtop, the blue original 1a, and if I've missed you... I apologize.

The enthusiasm on this board is obvious. I had mistakenly thought ebay held most of the Tigers for sale out there. I couldn't have been more wrong. Eventually, I'll find the car.. or it'll find me! Thanks again.

SouthDakotaTiger

Bronze forum user
The enthusiasm on this board is obvious. I had mistakenly thought ebay held most of the Tigers for sale out there. I couldn't have been more wrong. Eventually, I'll find the car.. or it'll find me! Thanks again.

You may want to check the Tiger for sale by Graham Walz in the Minneapolis area. He has owned the car since 1968. It is very, very nice.

Send me your email address and I will forward photos, description, etc. It's a nice Tiger.

from sunny South Dakota,

Paul '66 Tiger MK1A

AHudson777

Silver forum user
You may want to check the Tiger for sale by Graham Walz in the Minneapolis area. He has owned the car since 1968. It is very, very nice.

Send me your email address and I will forward photos, description, etc. It's a nice Tiger.

from sunny South Dakota,

Paul '66 Tiger MK1A

Thanks! Just sent you a PM with info. Thanks again, very much.

dtmayo

New forum user
hi, another "Me Too" post from a new Tiger hunter. Glad to find there are better options than ebay and CL.
Looking for a MK1/1A with original 260, trans, etc. Ideally, a project or serviceable driver for looking for someone to restore it to its former glory. Plan to keep it for the long haul.

AHudson777

Silver forum user
hi, another "Me Too" post from a new Tiger hunter. Glad to find there are better options than ebay and CL.
Looking for a MK1/1A with original 260, trans, etc. Ideally, a project or serviceable driver for looking for someone to restore it to its former glory. Plan to keep it for the long haul.

Hi there, SouthDakotaTiger sent me photos and info of the car referenced above. You can PM me or him with your email and get the same. Looks to be a good solid driver, long time owner, much history. Best wishes,

FrankS

Silver forum user
Me too

I'm looking diligently and also want to thank all the leads from forum members. To recap my wants, I would like to buy a freshly restored car, or one that somone has started and wants out of... or a car someone just won an award with and wants to move on to another project, no MKII please, I expect the car to be expensive:) Can't do black my last car was black and I sold it back to Dale:) Thanks again and don't hesitate to send me a PM with any car that might fit...

FrankS

Silver forum user
you got me!

AHudson777.....You got me on that one! I was excited only to see that drag carcass....that was funny...

AHudson777

Silver forum user
I sense payback coming my way!

Hey, we'll eventually find our cars, which is when the real fun begins.

JGlobe

New forum user
Me Too

I too am looking for a Tiger and not having much luck on ebay or CL. Hopefully the real enthusiasts here can point me in the right direction. I'm new to the Tiger world and looking to get my feet wet. I'd like something clean and driveable with little to no work needed but doesn't need to be show quality by any means. The midnight blue code 58 has really caught my eye in particular but I'm open. Please send along info if you know of any good MK1 or MK1A that might be a good fit.