Is this a LAT wheel 'knock off' spinner - found two

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I found two of these wheel cap spinners in the bottom of an old Sunbeam parts box - my guess they may be LAT spinners but I do not know. Also any guess re. value - thanks

20230421_160721875_iOS.jpg

20230421_160733721_iOS.jpg

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I found two of these wheel cap spinners in the bottom of an old Sunbeam parts box - my guess they may be LAT spinners but I do not know. Also any guess re. value - thanks

View attachment 17530

View attachment 17531
LAT-70 Spinner, and decal. I'd imagine that they're for the original 13" Hand versions and not the 15" repo. Rick did sell me a brand new 2 9/16" spinner a while ago but don't recall the price.
1682106420704.png

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rick used to stock repro spinners for the original LAT70s. Not sure if the new VTO ones are the same size or if he stocks the ones he used to

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rick used to stock repro spinners for the original LAT70s. Not sure if the new VTO ones are the same size or if he stocks the ones he used to
Michael,
Weren't there three different versions of the original LAT spinners? I think I heard that somewhere.
Thanks!
David

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I know there were two different OD center hubs. I think the change was made to help navigate around the spinner to the lug nuts. I have three of the larger hubs and one with the smaller hub in my set of four. If someone has an extra LAT70 to pass on let me know the center hub OD. Joe

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael,
Weren't there three different versions of the original LAT spinners? I think I heard that somewhere.
Thanks!
David
David quite possible.. Joe has posted about the change to the centre hub diameter and 2 sizes.. so there are at least 2 sizes...but wonder if it's just the recess on the back that changed size?

@Jbetz812 are there changes in the overall size of the false spinners or just to the recess in the rear?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael,
Thanks!
David
David quite possible.. Joe has posted about the change to the centre hub diameter and 2 sizes.. so there are at least 2 sizes...but wonder if it's just the recess on the back that changed size?

@Jbetz812 are there changes in the overall size of the false spinners or just to the recess in the rear?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
@Jbetz812
Thanks for the photos...but maybe I wasn't clear in the question.
I was asking about the 2 different false knock offs.
Are they the same external dimensions etc..
But the recess on the back is different to fit the different centre hub.

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Externally they are different in sizes. These are packed, but I can get you pictures it helpful?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Externally they are different in sizes. These are packed, but I can get you pictures it helpful?
Joe I don't have a set of LAT I am aware there were a few variations of the wheels and that the 90s repros differed slightly as well

I was curious if the fake spinners changed size externally when the reduced the centre hub or if they just modified the mounting side.

Absolutely no rush.. but when you do happen to have them out some photos side by side would be useful for everyone šŸ˜

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
The smaller one is original and the other is the one what SS sells. Both fit my 13ā€ LAT-70 wheels as I have 3 of the early version and 1 of the later version that had a smaller diameter hub.

IMG_3414.jpeg

IMG_3415.jpeg