January 15th 2023 meeting Annual Shelby Cruise-In at the Petersen Museum

Added to Calendar: 01-15-23

Dan MacMedan

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Hello All:

We will be having our January 15th club meeting at the Annual Shelby Cruise-in at the Petersen Automotive Museum. The show is 9am to 12pm,
$35 to enter the show which gets you complimentary parking, entrance into the museum, as well as Pink's Hot Dogs. Spectators are $24 and parking is already $21 so why not just bring your car and join the fun. We will be having our club meeting at 10am on the upper deck of the parking structure, slightly away from all the cars, but we might change that depending on the needs of the show.

Details are below in the link. Sign up early as the show does sell out.
https://www.petersen.org/events/shelby

Steve Alcala and Jere Teepen both attended the show last year and Steve posted some pictures if you want to see what the event looks like.

https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/th...-at-the-peterson-sunday-january-16-2022.7666/

I just signed up and looking forward to seeing you there!

Dan MacMedan
President C.A.T.

Last edited:

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes next Sunday is our first CAT meeting of the year at the Peterson and we our celebrating Shelby's birthday. I have been going to these off and on since Shelby himself would attend. And yes it costs money and it could rain. But when everything is right, this is a great way to start the year.
Steven Alcala

DSCN5618.JPG

DSCN7753.JPG

DSCN7760.JPG

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Today would have been Carroll Shelby's 100th birthday and the Peterson will be celebrating it on Sunday. RAIN or SHINE!, let's hope shine--hell I will take overcast . Most of you know Mr. Shelby attended a SUNI and a T.U., but did you know he actually was at a CAT meeting? Some 35 years ago.
Steven Alcala

DSCN9434.JPG

DSCN9433.JPG

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Great shots, Steven. Here's the Tiger Tales cover from that event, September 10, 1989- at Mancini's in the valley.

IMG_0265.JPG

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
In celebrating what would have been Carroll Shelby's 100th birthday this week, I thought it was time for Lord Rootes to visit Shelby's old place in Venice. The Princeton Avenue building is still there, though it's been remodeled many times. (It is not a re-body. The building could probably be TACed.) This is the building where the Shelby prototype, as well as the Shelby racing Tiger, were built--plus dozens of other amazing race cars. If you were on the Rally for Tigers United 2011 (Long Beach), the building was one of the stops. Anyway, I hope it doesn't rain on Sunday, and I hope we have a good turnout at the Peterson.
Steven Alcala

DSCN9042.JPG

DSCN9041.JPG

DSCN9432.JPG

DSCN9435.JPG

Dan MacMedan

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Thank you Steve for taking the trophy to the old Venice shop! Looks like the rain should stop Saturday and give us a lovely window Sunday morning to attend the show! Some showers developing possibly in the afternoon, but crossed fingers we should see some nice dry weather Sunday during the show! Hope to see everyone there!!

Cheers,

Dan MacMedan
CAT President

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
On the way back home from the Peterson, I stopped by what was left of the the old Hi Performance Motors building on La Brea. It has changed so much I don't think you could ever tell they sold some of the greatest sports cars in the world there.
Steven A.

DSCN9518.JPG

DSCN9512.JPG

DSCN9520.JPG

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Steve,

Is that your car parked in the red zone? :DI hope you got out of there before parking enforcement came by.

Thanks for sharing the photo and comparison of current to original.