Jay Leno with Mike M.

dude234

Gold forum user
Good video but I was wondering about the racing stripes on the front fenders. It looks like the owner was trying to emulate the TR250 stripe across the fenders and hood but forgot the middle part.

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Stripes

They came with the car, at least two owners ago. I was going to take them off but people seem to like them, they differentiate the car, my daughter likes them and I was afraid the paint might have faded around them. They are off a TR250. It was quite a treat to visit with Jay and I was glad he gave owners clubs a plug.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Very nice video. The stripes are very unique, I think I was looking at this car for sale years ago, sure looks familiar.

1966Tiger

Silver forum user
"Only In California...."

This video reminded me of an encounter I had about 18 years ago when we still lived in So Cal.

One Saturday afternoon I was cruising in our freshly-restored Tiger on the 210 Freeway, west of Sunland, heading east towards Pasadena, when I noticed a rather large, very unusual vehicle coming up fast behind me in the lane to my immediate left. I slowed down to the legal speed limit and waited, not knowing what the heck to expect. Shortly, the beast was at my side, and who would be driving? None other than Jay Leno! I’m pretty sure it was the 1915 Hispano-Suiza Aero Engine car. Jay leaned out, and with a huge grin, yelled “HEY!, that’s my Tiger- That's my car!”

I hollered back, also with a big grin, “I’m sorry, but nope, this one’s mine!” He yelled back “It looks great!”, gave me a big thumbs up and roared on by.

A while later, I met Mr. Leno at a car show in La Crescenta where he was one of the judges. We chatted for a bit and I mentioned our first "meeting." I was pleased to find him affable, and approachable- a real down-to-earth-car guy.

I still smile when I think about those two sunny days.

Loved the video. Thanks for posting.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You never know where you'll run into Jay. I've seen him at the Rock Store with a car amongst hundreds of motorcycles (mine included).

That was a great show with Mike and Jay. One of the best pieces I've seen on a Tiger! Nice:cool: