Koni Shocks for Tigers

DCTiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Got a set of Koni's with my last Tiger. Trying to determine if they are for the Tiger. Does anyone know what the numbers are for the front and rear shocks? Has anyone had them restored by Koni?

Thanks,

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My pair for the front are stamped "82-1347". Can't tell you the rear ones at the moment (they are on the car). The first 2 digits could be the build year though. Had no luck with refurbishment over here in Germany. The local Koni service told me they can't redo them anymore because of parts non availability:(

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
PS: at least they gave me the proper colour code which is Orange RAL 2002 ...

DCTiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks

Thanks, I will check the US distributor and see if they have the parts here. Also when we visit my wife's patenkind in Erlangen, may we look you up.

Frohliche Weihnachten,

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, of course Sunbeamers are always welcome and we live close to Stuttgart airport. Interestingly enough we had a Harrington owner from Washington area visiting us earlier this year. If you can get those parts via US distributor pls. have me another set...

DCTiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Not So Great After All

I thought the difference in price btwn rebuild/new would be greater. I guess the only reason to rebuild would be when they were made and go the originality route.

Thxs for the research,